A6 Avant - when in US?

Old November 9th 04, 07:09 PM
Mike Smith

Default A6 Avant - when in US?

For those of you who may not have seen it, http://www.vwvortex.com has
an article on the new A6 Avant. The article indicates that first
deliveries will be in March 2005. Does anyone know if that's worldwide,
or will Europe get them first and the US later than that? (Please say
it's worldwide...)

Thanks,
--
Mike Smith
Old November 10th 04, 04:01 AM
Steve Grauman

My VW dealer (I have a GTi) is telling me that he is expecting MKV Golfs in
March, and I know that the Audi dealer has taken delivery of some new A6s. So I
guess it's possible that the A6 Avant could arrive here in March, although I
was lead to believe it would be later than that.
Steve Grauman
Old November 10th 04, 04:21 AM
Mike Smith

Steve Grauman wrote:
> My VW dealer (I have a GTi) is telling me that he is expecting MKV Golfs in
> March, and I know that the Audi dealer has taken delivery of some new A6s. So I
> guess it's possible that the A6 Avant could arrive here in March, although I
> was lead to believe it would be later than that.

Hm. I did see a couple of new A6 sedans at the local dealership, no
Avants of course.

--
Mike Smith
Old November 11th 04, 07:45 PM
MikeyB

A6 Sedan has been here in the UK since July, but we still dont have the
Avant - all I know is its scheduled for next year some time.

Golf V has been out here for a few months now, and are becoming a common
sight.

Old November 11th 04, 08:00 PM
Peter Bell

In message >
"MikeyB" > wrote:

> A6 Sedan has been here in the UK since July, but we still dont have the
> Avant - all I know is its scheduled for next year some time.

Go look at the press announcement on the Audi UK website!

Old November 12th 04, 03:49 AM
Steve Grauman

>A6 Sedan has been here in the UK since July, but we still dont have the
>Avant - all I know is its scheduled for next year some time.

The Germany and UK releases always come before the U.S. release, sometimes by
mere months, other times by upwards of a year. Just look at the original GTi,
U.S. customers were begging for it but it was about a year +/- before we got
it, even though the UK and Germany had been enjoying it.
Steve Grauman

Audi A4 Avant Diesel Manual bitlogic Audi 0 November 1st 04 12:32 AM
Cycle rack for A4 Avant Sport? PW Audi 1 September 23rd 04 12:21 AM
Change in fuel economy with roof racks on A4 Avant? Robert Audi 7 August 7th 04 11:52 AM
Audi 80 Avant 1.9 tdi manual Steve Audi 1 June 8th 04 10:51 PM
A4 vs. A6 used avant andy Audi 1 May 25th 04 09:45 PM