Cuban Combi,s

Old February 15th 12, 10:07 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
John[_28_]

Default Cuban Combi,s

Watched a travel show on Cuba and there was a bay window Combi which
appeared to have a black radiator grille in the front panel. As opposed to
having a radiator hanging off the bull bar with hoses to a Subaru engine in
the back. Anyone know about it?

Old February 15th 12, 10:15 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
P.J.Berg[_8_]

On Wed, 15 Feb 2012 10:07:55 +0100, John > wrote:

> Watched a travel show on Cuba and there was a bay window Combi which
> appeared to have a black radiator grille in the front panel. As opposed
> having a radiator hanging off the bull bar with hoses to a Subaru engine
> in
> the back. Anyone know about it?

It sounds like the Combi still being produced in Brazil, you can even get
them in England fitted as a camper.
You should be able to find something on YouTube.

J.

--
P.J.Berg

Old February 15th 12, 10:59 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
P.J.Berg[_8_]

On Wed, 15 Feb 2012 10:07:55 +0100, John > wrote:

> Watched a travel show on Cuba and there was a bay window Combi which
> appeared to have a black radiator grille in the front panel. As opposed
> having a radiator hanging off the bull bar with hoses to a Subaru engine
> in
> the back. Anyone know about it?

Here you go:

http://www.vw.com.br/pt/carros/Kombi.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5ahi...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndyas...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-795gzM-1Jk

J.

--
P.J.Berg

Old February 15th 12, 11:20 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
John[_28_]

That,s the one. Presumably they have the "wasserboxer" up the back?. As far
as looks go it,s not exactly photogenic. I see they are importing them into
news

Old February 16th 12, 01:22 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
P.J.Berg[_8_]

On Wed, 15 Feb 2012 23:20:25 +0100, John > wrote:

> That,s the one. Presumably they have the "wasserboxer" up the back?. As
> far
> as looks go it,s not exactly photogenic. I see they are importing them
> into
> England. I suspect the bureaucratic nazis in Australia would block them.

Nope, not the wasserboxer, inline 4, more like the diesel in the later T2
or was it the T5?

J.

--
P.J.Berg

news://freenews.netfront.net/ - Complaints to ---