V-6 in '08 Wrangler???

Old October 25th 07, 10:50 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Jeff Strickland

Default V-6 in '08 Wrangler???

The jury is out, but as a general rule the V6 makes its power at speeds well
off of idle, but the old I6 makes 80% or 90% of its torque while idling. The
result is that the old I6 makes for better rock crawling because you can
select 1st in 4LO and have more than enough power to creep (crawl) over
stuff.

On the other hand, the V6 makes its power at speed, so it will make for a
far more pleasant commute -- where engine speeds are high, and thus noisey.

I can't say for certain, but the odds favor the new V6 to be a poor
performer for offroading. Having said that, the old 225 Even Fire (and, for
that matter the Odd Fire as well) were very desirable engines in the olden
days. But, when those motors were in production, they were essentially V8s
with two chopped off of one end. The point being, they had a long stroke,
which is where torque comes from. A motor with a short stroke will produce
torque further up on the RPM band, and offroaders (rock crawlers) prefer the
torque to be very low on the RPM band. It is far better to pull a stump at
idle than it is to yank it at 3000 RPM.

. ..

Old October 25th 07, 11:06 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
L.W. \(Bill\) Hughes III[_4690_]

Thanks for the link, but what is this name "Target", that can't be the
name of their V6, that's compared to the inline six?
http://images.jpmagazine.com/project...no_char t.jpg
I'll bet it's a figment of their imagination, designed for sales purposes,
out and out lying. I believe I have a much more realist chart as measured by
the Society of Automotive Engineers, tracing actual points:
http://www.billhughes.com/temp/4LEngineHP-Torque.jpg
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

ups.com...

http://www.jpmagazine.com/projectbui.../photo_03.html

Old October 25th 07, 11:28 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Pink Freud©®

On Thu, 25 Oct 2007 15:06:17 -0700, L.W. (Bill) Hughes III wrote:

> but what is this name "Target"

You don't know what a target is?

And you claim to have a CCW? (temporarily, if at all)

Ask a child about 7-years-old what a target is, and they'll explain it to
you in language you'll almost be able to comprehend.

BTW, do you know what a 'barn-door' is? You should since you were whelped
behind one.

[phr gur erthyne ebhgvar]

--
"I am become Cooyon Billieboi, the destroyer of groups."

-- Bhagavad-Gita (Version 2)
-- aka the Bagoffat-Geezer

Old October 25th 07, 11:29 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
nrs

On Oct 25, 5:06 pm, "L.W. \(Bill\) Hughes III"
> wrote:
> Thanks for the link, but what is this name "Target", that can't be the
> name of their V6, that's compared to the inline six?http://images.jpmagazine.com/project...+2007_jeep_wra...
> I'll bet it's a figment of their imagination, designed for sales purposes,
> out and out lying. I believe I have a much more realist chart as measured by
> the Society of Automotive Engineers, tracing actual points:http://www.billhughes.com/temp/4LEngineHP-Torque.jpg
> God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
> /
>
> "nrs" > wrote in message
>
> ups.com...
>
> > Some of my facts were off due to bad memory but here is the link to
> > the chart. It actually goes to low RPMs.

> http://www.jpmagazine.com/projectbui...ep_wrangler_ru...

It could be lying but supposedly it is a chart that is not generally
made available to the public. Who knows? What I can say is that
some local guys who had Yjs and TJs and then bought JKs are pretty
happy with them. A shootout was organized locally to test the TJ
rubicon and the JK rubicon on the same day, same obstacles, etc and
the JK was declared to be the clear winner. Another shootout was
organized to compare the TJ rubicon with a Toyota FJ cruiser and the
cruiser had to abort because the control arms were getting bent just
from the flexing!

Old October 25th 07, 11:37 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Jon[_4_]

What total garbage -- particularly in light of the chart NRS was so
kind to link. The preceding posts make it sound like comparing this
"minivan" motor to the I-6 is akin to comparing a wicked, ill-tempered
race motor and its street counterpart. So we've lost a bit of
rotational inertia from the engine -- I'd put my money on a good
driver any day over the _grand_ difference between these two
powerplants. ...garage equivalent of armchair semantics...so let's
talk about that really butch 4.0/4.2 .... is it more "Jeep", or is it,
too, a grocery getter - just from AMC?

Anybody care to comment on the huge flywheel effect or massive torque
rise on a stock-engined a Samurai? Must make for a lousy crawler....

Jon

Old October 25th 07, 11:47 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys,alt.binaries.pictures.autos,alt.binaries.automobile.pictures
L.W. \(Bill\) Hughes III[_4892_]

This from the biggest spammer of them all! The jealous, really weak
jealous, I can't believe how jealous this little draft dodging coward
schizophrenic psychopath liar was hiding in Vancouver via
S0106000ea6ba70e7.vn.shawcable.net 24.86.24.251 until I
killed it. Now he's using another IP of 24.80.200.127
s0106000ea6ba70e7.vc.shawcable.net who's only way to get attention is to
make a fool of its self using foul language, like it did back in elementary
school yard. But, too afraid to use it's name and address, and take on
responsibility like a grown up. With an obsession with perverts and goats,
where it writes via remailers, @news.alt.net, and cross posts to other
perverts to no one's surprise. With extreme jealous ranting over my
documents, possessions, successes, manliness and fine, Southern California
surfing body, beard, and loving Christian family. Committing forgery over
many of my posts, proving I'm a responsible American man. You remind me of a
little rat dog, like a Mexican Chiwawa with its senseless barking, me too,
me too. You're even more senile than I first thought. And the poor thing,
you're too girlie to take responsibility for yourself again, by signing your
statement like a man.
That really thinks the group's members are so stupid not to know it's
the same coward, posting over and over again using a schizophrenic
psychopath forged up names?
You're not worth any more time when a cut and paste this same
paragraphs it fits so well!
But, now worth a forwarding to:
,
, , , ,
for forgery.
Who said it also likes baby monkeys sucking their penis, like his buddy
posted on an auto picture group at:

I thought this traitor's attacks were just over personal disagreements,
but in reality these attacks stemming from my love of God and America on
Independents Week, I realized you are actually attacking my country, and
that's what you've been doing all along is declaring your hatred for the
United States of America, with each declaration of my signature, but just
too cowardly and stupid to be a terrorist. It's America, love it, or leave
it, so keep the f*ck out!
Or let me know when you cross my American border, so I may arrest you!
YOU ARE A TRAITOR and lost all rights to my American border, and
someday I'll have you in jail where you belong! Any time, I'll fly and meant
with other patriots guarding our borders against vermin like you.
Why don't you call the San Diego Sheriffs Department at 858-974-2020
YOU NEED HELP!
The moral majority say you are not only faggots, but cowards
You wouldn't know about business as you have never succeeded and
anything.
Tell me when you are about to cross my American border and I'll fly up
and arrange at meeting with the U.S. Border patrol and Minutemen for your
arrest, after you give me your name, address, date, and meeting place.
I would appreciate the name and address of these trolls, Square Wheel:
shaw.ca 24.80.200.127 s0106000ea6ba70e7.vc.shawcable.net
and 24bit: 12.205.158.32 AT&T WorldNet Services ATT
Mediacom Communications Corp. I will keep your name in confidence, kindly
email
or
Sincerely,
Llewellyn W. (Bill) Hughes III
Fortunately it is against the law for you to own a firearm.
You are the one that ran to Canada from your obligation to the U.S.
Military! YOU ARE A TRAITOR and a COWARD!!!!!!
Totally lacking in common sense. You pathetic little schizophrenic
psychopath, you make me laugh the way a girlie, faggot writes, it gives me a
feeling of extreme superiority! <ROTFLMAO>
And you think the news members won't catch on and be able to see your
pursuing fag names, as fake as you.
Just making sure the faggots at: alt.binaries.pictures.autos,
alt.binaries.automobile.pictures groups know what an a**hole you, aka SW
really are!!!!!
How is it that you can be so...... STUPID and still live, come on
Darwin!!!!
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

news

Old October 25th 07, 11:49 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
L.W. \(Bill\) Hughes III[_4692_]

Cool. Let us know the real outcome. Not what a bought and paid for
magazine would print.
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

oups.com...

Old October 26th 07, 12:09 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
L.W. \(Bill\) Hughes III[_4693_]

Sucker.
But the fifty pound flywheel like used on the Buick V6 to allow it to
idle did have a secondary advantage of storing inertia energy. Your V6 won't
have it as also eats gasoline. But you may buy them for the wimpy four
bangers. And of course we all know of the go quick small block, thirteen
pound wheel, and it's rough idle.
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

ups.com...

Old October 26th 07, 12:16 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Raptor

"nrs" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> On Oct 25, 9:40 am, "Jack Carter" >
> wrote:
>> A friend tells me that the engine in my new Wrangler is made by
>> Mitsubushi.
>> Is he correct? All I've heard is that it's a "good" engine and that it's
>> used in most Chrysler-made vans and has been around for a long time.

> JP Magazine published a torque and HP curve chart from an independent
> dyno test showing both the 4.0 and the new 3.8. The curves are just
> about exactly the same util up high in RPM, then the 3.8 has a bit
> more torque and hp. I have also read that it takes about 5000 miles
> to break into this level of performance so in test drives of new
> vehicles the engine tends to feel sluggish.
>
> Actually, on paper, the torque curve of the 4.0 is crappy compared to
> the 258 and even the old L and F head engines in terms of peak torque
> RPM. However, in practice, jeepers love the 4.0.

Part of the consideration to this conversation should probably be made to
the weight of the vehicles as well. The Unlimited JK weighs a full 1000 lbs
more than my YJ. The weight difference in the two I'm sure is what really
gave the JK a sluggish feel when I drove it and not so much even the V6.
I'm willing to bet that the 3.8V6 can do just as well offroad as the 2.5L4
has been doing for people in their Jeeps.

Old October 26th 07, 12:32 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Jack Carter

I'm not the least bit "worried" about it - just curious. I've owned six
Wranglers, starting with a CJ5. And I liked all of 'em. The one I traded in
on the new one was an '03 Sport. And it was a terrific performer. But I like
the '08 far better than any of them - off or on road, but admitedly
especially on road. With the six-speed transmission and a really
down-in-the-basement 1st and 2nd gears, it's a ball to drive anywhere. And
the torque and horsepower curves seem to sum up everything very well.

ups.com...