Thank you Veterans

Old November 10th 07, 08:00 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys,alt.binaries.pictures.autos
L.W.\(Bill\) Hughes III

Default Thank you Veterans

Thank you Veterans: http://billhughes.com/Veterans.htm
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O

Old November 10th 07, 11:29 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys,alt.binaries.pictures.autos
HEMI-Powered[_2_]

L.W.(Bill) Hughes III added these comments in the current
discussion du jour ...

> Thank you Veterans: http://billhughes.com/Veterans.htm
> God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O

yes, thank yous are in order, especially from one like you, too
COWARDLY to have served yourself

--
HP, aka Jerry
Old November 10th 07, 03:13 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys,alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Earle Horton[_20_]

"L.W.(Bill) Hughes III" > wrote in message
.. .
> Thank you Veterans: http://billhughes.com/Veterans.htm
> God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O

Yeah thanks for all the wars and killing.

It's the veteran, not the politician, who has killed people.

Just another day for me.

Cheers,

Earle

Old November 10th 07, 04:54 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys,alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Tom Horn

It's because of all of those Veterans that you have the privilige to
degrade them as you just did. I bet though , that when the dictators
come for you, a Veteran will still lay his life on the line to defend
you. Thank God for them all, I've no idea how we can be so fortunate
to have so many people so willing to defend us.
TH

On Sat, 10 Nov 2007 08:13:11 -0700, "Earle Horton" >
wrote:

. ..

Old November 10th 07, 05:13 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys,alt.binaries.pictures.autos
HEMI-Powered[_2_]

Earle Horton added these comments in the current discussion du
jour ...

> "L.W.(Bill) Hughes III" > wrote in message
> .. .
>> Thank you Veterans: http://billhughes.com/Veterans.htm
>> God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
>>

> Yeah thanks for all the wars and killing.
>
> It's the veteran, not the politician, who has killed people.
>
> Just another day for me.

retract your claws. if it weren't for vets "killing" our enemies,
you wouldn't enjoy the freedom to make disrespectful statements
like the above. keep in mind that absent war crimes by our
military, they carry out missions in support of foreign policy
and strategy initiated by our civilian governmental officials and
the CinC, that's part of our form of republican (with a small
"r") form of government. so, if you want to blame anyone for the
deaths in the current war or any previous war, look to them who
YOU elected. or, I suppose we could have just let Adolph and Tojo
march into the U.S. where you'd have dutifully laid down your 2nd
Amendment rights arms and surrendered, correct? something in
excess of 250,000 brave men and women died in WWII, another
52,000 in Korea, and yet another 58,000 in Viet Nam. The latter 2
weren't very bright wars but a lot of good people died and it was
hardly the GIs fault. and, before I forget, I imagine that you
didn't serve in the military yourself?

--
HP, aka Jerry
Old November 10th 07, 05:21 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys,alt.binaries.pictures.autos
HEMI-Powered[_2_]

Tom Horn added these comments in the current discussion du jour

> It's because of all of those Veterans that you have the
> privilige to degrade them as you just did. I bet though , that
> when the dictators come for you, a Veteran will still lay his
> life on the line to defend you. Thank God for them all, I've
> no idea how we can be so fortunate to have so many people so
> willing to defend us.
> TH

"First they came for the Jews and I did not speak out because I
was not a Jew. Then they came for the Communists and I did not
speak out because I was not a Communist. Then they came for the
trade unionists and I did not speak out because I was not a trade
unionist. Then they came for me and there was no one left to
speak out for me" - Jewish saying from the Holocaust

As you probably know, my father fought at Saipan, Tinian, and Iwo
Jima. On Iwo, something on the order of 6,300 Marines were killed
and another 16-18,000 wounded, by far the largest percentage
casualty rate per square mile of enemy territory taken during any
battle in all of WWII. But, it is believed that nearly 2,300 B-29
bombers made emergency landings on Iwo and another some 450+ P-47
and P-51 escort fighters landed there, saving over 26,000 lives.
So, I have a special place in my heard not only for my father's
small contribution to the larger war effort but for ALL the men
and ALL the women in uniform in ANY branch of the military during
ANY war fought against a foreign enemy during our long and
illustrious history. Again, lest there be any misunderstanding of
my position, I do NOT condone brutality, torture, war crimes,
killing of non-combatants or other bad things that sometimes
happen from otherwise good and moral military people, but by FAR,
those killed in battle damn well deserved it. Which is why many,
but not all, vets of the European war may refer to the Germans as
"Nazis", although most do not because the Wehrmacht, the
Luftwaffe, and even the Kriegsmarine forces fought relatively
humane wars. Now, today, citizens of Japan are "Japanese" to me,
they were and still are today "Japs" or "little yellow *******s"
if they fought an unjust and totally brutal and INhumane war
against the Allies in WWII. The Rape of Nanking is well named,
and the two biggest sayings from my father's Marine days still
ring true today: "kill or be killed" and "the only good Jap is a
dead Jap".

So, let us honor ALL of our men and women in uniform, whether
they "fought" on the Home Front or in actual combat. They deserve
nothing less that our total support and unconditional respect for
their bravery and heroism in the defense of freedom throughout
the world.

--
HP, aka Jerry
Old November 10th 07, 06:08 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Earle Horton[_20_]

"Dr.Neuraxis®" > wrote in message
news
> On Sat, 10 Nov 2007 08:13:11 -0700, "Earle Horton" >
> wrote:
>
>>"L.W.(Bill) Hughes III" > wrote in message
>>> Thank you Veterans: http://billhughes.com/Veterans.htm
>>> Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
>>>

>>Yeah thanks for all the wars and killing.

> Your welcome!
>>
>>It's the veteran, not the politician, who has killed people.

> You're as Stupid as your bud Cooyon!
>>
>>Just another day for me.

> Why doesn't that surprise me.
>>
>>Cheers,
>>
>>Earle

> Hell, you and Cooyon Billie should up together.

I respect Bill, but he's pro-killing. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Cheers,

Earle

Old November 10th 07, 06:18 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Earle Horton[_20_]

I think I'll get a few of them with the Smith & Wesson, if you don't mind.
Maybe some of the noble veterans who are on the dictator's side too.
You're right, I do have the privilege to degrade all the misfits who made
this planet a living hell, but at least gave us interesting history to read.
I do have that privilege. Killing Arabs for sport is wrong. It's better,
to watch them kill each other. It's OK to kill in self defense, but it's a
lie to call it self defense when it's not.

Eat it, Jerry.

Cheers,

Earle

Old November 10th 07, 07:50 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys,alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Dave Milne

I thought you blamed Bush ?

Dave

.. .

Old November 10th 07, 07:56 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Frank_v7.0

Earle Horton wrote:
> Killing Arabs for sport is wrong. It's better,
> to watch them kill each other
> Cheers,
>
> Earle

Now promise to secure the borders and cut my taxes and you got my vote. :-)
--
FRH