Heater a/c blower replacement

Old November 1st 09, 10:23 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Gene[_5_]

Default Heater a/c blower replacement

'83 VW Rabbit -- How do I get to it to replace the heater a/c blower?
Manual I have not much help. THANKS Gene

Old November 2nd 09, 02:48 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
dave AKA vwdoc1[_2_]

The Rabbits with factory A/C might have a different blower that is
accessible from the top. Tricky but doable.
Do you know where the blower is or can you see it?

Old November 2nd 09, 03:54 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
In2hoppn

It's under the cheezy (if still present) plastic rain tray that you see
after lifting the hood.
There's virtually no room to get at it, but can be unbolted. You might have
to cut some weatherseal caulking around it as well.
I had and 82 and an 84 that was just a matter of turning and rolling it just
right(pay attention to what works for fitting the replacement in) and
sliding it along to the passenger side to fit it up out of that area. Mine
didn't have A/C though... I know later 86 Cabriolet had an additonal bit of
ductwork that could switch feed air from fresh to cabin?? So if you got
that, you may need to remove additionally to fit it out of there.
If it's dead, be sure to test wiring / connections / switch / fuse /
resistor before pulling it out for nothing! If it's noisy and/or low air
volume, check inside it for leaves, debris, dead mouse, etc... and if
squeeky squeely... yeah, it's time to pull it out of there!
Good luck!
In2

Heater Blower [email protected] Jeep 1 January 15th 09 05:46 AM
Heater Blower in '88 YJ Micah Jeep 1 December 15th 06 05:47 PM
heater fan/blower tremor Chrysler 1 January 27th 06 04:07 PM
Heater Blower Replacement 82 Rabbit Rich VW water cooled 6 November 28th 05 09:14 AM
Heater blower fan John Chrysler 16 October 23rd 04 09:13 PM