134a Refrigerant

Old June 4th 05, 10:38 PM
Robb S via CarKB.com

I still have a small retail can of R-12 laying around my garage somewhere.
I'm holding onto it until I can donate it to a museum...
--
Robb

Old June 4th 05, 10:46 PM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Hi Sandman,
Sure he's exaggerating, and I see it being sold for about half the
four hundred I paid Pep Boys for it ten years ago:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ayphotohosting
I saw a big SWAT team action on the San Diego border over a bottle,
killed them dead. What can you buy if for, and from what country?
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old June 4th 05, 10:52 PM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

That's a thirty pound bottle: http://www.billhughes.com/R12.jpg
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O

Old June 4th 05, 11:11 PM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

I actually feel a little guilty about the amount of freon I've let
escape. although they haven't convinced me that's responsible for our
ozone holes. That's just our natural tree's carbon dioxide change to the
ice age, that's been recorded over thirty times in our earth's natural
history.
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old June 4th 05, 11:36 PM
DougW

L.W. ("ßill") Hughes III did pass the time by typing:
> I actually feel a little guilty about the amount of freon I've let
> escape. although they haven't convinced me that's responsible for our
> ozone holes. That's just our natural tree's carbon dioxide change to the
> ice age, that's been recorded over thirty times in our earth's natural
> history.

It's the cows and all that methane.
...or usenet and the same..

--
DougW

Old June 5th 05, 12:23 AM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Eat beans, American needs the gas.
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old June 5th 05, 01:25 AM
Nathan W. Collier

"L.W. ("ßill") Hughes III" > wrote in message
> I actually feel a little guilty about the amount of freon I've let
> escape.

lol....we should talk sometime. ;-)

--
Nathan W. Collier
http://7SlotGrille.com

Old June 5th 05, 01:29 AM
Nathan W. Collier

"L.W. ("ßill") Hughes III" > wrote in message
> What can you buy if for, and from what country?

i havent bought any in awhile but its nowhere near $900 a pound. besides,
it just doesnt make any sense to buy 12 when you have so many other choices,
and many are superior to 12 at a fraction of the cost. 414b ("hot shot") is
a perfect example, as is 416a. i would even run 502 before spending the
money for 12.

--
Nathan W. Collier
http://7SlotGrille.com

Old June 5th 05, 01:31 AM
Nathan W. Collier

"Robb S via CarKB.com" > wrote in message
> It's the number 1
> smuggled item across the mexican border besides drugs I am told by people
> in the industry.

im not saying that what you say isnt true, but its ridiculous considering
the many available alternatives. for those that are still running 12
systems, even hot shot has a lower boiling point than 12 (cools better than
12). youd be amazed at what you can do with propane. :-)

--
Nathan W. Collier
http://7SlotGrille.com

Old June 5th 05, 01:37 AM
Robb S via CarKB.com

actually, Now that I think about it, it is for a 30LB bottle. I'm always
buying wholesale, and that's what I buy 30LB, so I stand corrected....DOOH!!

--
Robb