3.0 2003 - Is Synthetic Oil Better Than Regular Oil?

Old September 19th 09, 03:30 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
eBob.com

Default 3.0 2003 - Is Synthetic Oil Better Than Regular Oil?

I have a 2003 Audi with the 3.0 V6 engine. Is synthetic oil worth the extra
cost?

Thanks, Bob

Old September 19th 09, 06:25 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Eric Shune

"eBob.com" > wrote in message
>I have a 2003 Audi with the 3.0 V6 engine. Is synthetic oil worth the
>extra cost?
>
> Thanks, Bob

when I spoke with my local Audi dealership they advised their QUANTUM SYNTA
(Synthetic Blend 10W-40) and at £22 for 5 litres its good value. I use it in
my 2.4 V6, changing every 10K miles.

Old September 20th 09, 04:39 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
Pete[_10_]

"eBob.com" > wrote
> I have a 2003 Audi with the 3.0 V6 engine. Is synthetic oil worth the
> extra cost?

Well, it's not like you have a choice. Your engine requires the use of
VW 502.00 spec'd oil. There are no mineral oils that meet this spec.

Pete