Driving With Two Brakes - Part Two

Old April 6th 08, 03:00 AM posted to alt.autos.tech,rec.autos.driving,rec.autos.tech
Nate Nagel[_2_]

Default Driving With Two Brakes - Part Two

Neil wrote:
> "Steve B." > wrote in message

>>>Sorry -- the other thread is named the same as this one, but without the
>>>"Part Two." The car is a 91 Volkswagon Golf.
>>>

>>Autozone has those for $14. I'm sure a mechanic will want $30 for
>>them but I would want new ones. Maybe you could buy a set and have
>>them replace them when they do the other work.
>>

> Just checked the AutoZone website, and they have them, but they're not
> stocked at my local store or any nearby store (can buy them from the web
> site and have them shipped in two days). Guess they don't stock old VW
> parts.
>
> My ex is planning on taking the car in on Monday for the repair, so can't
> really order them from the website. Do you know of any other stores that
> might stock these older parts? The other option would be to just have the
> place put the shoes on and pay their price, which shouldn't be too much.
>
> Also, since, if they replace the shoes instead of cleaning the old ones they
> save on the cost of a can of cleaner as well as the labor in cleaning the
> old shoes, one would think they wouldn't charge too much for labor for
> putting on the shoes, especially since they'll be in there anyway.

If you have to order, try parts4vws.com

no affiliation, just a long time customer

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
Old April 6th 08, 03:25 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Banned

If there are other auto parts stores such as O'Reilly's in your area,
they might have them.
cuhulin

Old April 6th 08, 03:43 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Neil[_2_]

> wrote in message
> If there are other auto parts stores such as O'Reilly's in your area,
> they might have them.
> cuhulin

Checked O'Reilly's. They don't stock them either.

Old April 6th 08, 04:48 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Banned

www.jcwhitney.com might have them.It wasn't so many years ago all
cars and trucks only had rear wheel brakes.My 1914 Ford Model T car only
has rear wheel brakes and I own a 1928 Chevrolet frame with the front
and rear axels and wire wheels and steering gear, it only has rear wheel
brakes.
cuhulin