Rear hatch lock problem on 2000 Golf

Old May 22nd 07, 12:10 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
SoCalGuy

Default Rear hatch lock problem on 2000 Golf

Ok, so, any of you folks had a problem with the electric rear hatch locking
mechanism? Key works fine. All other locks work. This is my son's car, 500
miles away. He took out the motor and it works with applied voltage. He's
trying to find the relay that controls it without success.
Anyone?

Old May 22nd 07, 08:12 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
SoCalGuy

Thanks Madesio,
Just where is the relay panel, by the fuse box? I have a 2000 TDI and I
don't recall a power key unlocking of the hatch, I don't know about the gas
ones tho.

Old May 23rd 07, 01:10 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
SoCalGuy

Thanks again Madesio...
I wasn't thinking. I do have a hatch release on the key. And, my son said
the book he has (not Bentley) identified the relay as 179, not 79. I think
he can figure it out now. Thanks again