2002 Chevy one ton 3500 5.1L express van starting problem

Old October 30th 18, 02:47 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

Default 2002 Chevy one ton 3500 5.1L express van starting problem

I'm selling this van for parts value as the frame is bad. It has been sitting for a long time and does not get started very much. For the past few months after not being started for awhile (intervals) it will crank fine but it will not start. To get it started I have to pull the tubular air cleaner and spray starting fluid into the hole. Depending on how long the van has sat seems to determine how much spraying is necessary to get it going. Once it starts it's fine. If you shut it off and start it right back up it starts fine but if it sits more than a day the above procedure has to be repeated. I;m not going to put alot of time or effort into this thing as I would just like to see it gone but I was wondering what could be going on here? Thanks, Lenny
Old November 1st 18, 08:50 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

On Tuesday, October 30, 2018 at 9:47:45 AM UTC-4, wrote:
> I'm selling this van for parts value as the frame is bad. It has been sitting for a long time and does not get started very much. For the past few months after not being started for awhile (intervals) it will crank fine but it will not start. To get it started I have to pull the tubular air cleaner and spray starting fluid into the hole. Depending on how long the van has sat seems to determine how much spraying is necessary to get it going. Once it starts it's fine. If you shut it off and start it right back up it starts fine but if it sits more than a day the above procedure has to be repeated. I;m not going to put alot of time or effort into this thing as I would just like to see it gone but I was wondering what could be going on here? Thanks, Lenny

I had a feeling it was something like that. Diagnosing that will be a
job for the next lucky guy who gets this cream puff. Thanks Steve
Lenny