90 wranger prob.

Old March 9th 05, 11:48 PM
jd

Default 90 wranger prob.

When I turn off my wrangler, the brake light lights up and stays lit...
Any suggestions???

It is a 4.2 5 speed.

Old March 10th 05, 12:04 AM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Hi JD,
Are you saying your stop lights at the tail lights are on, or a
dash warning light, and only with the ignition switch, switched off?
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old March 10th 05, 01:11 AM
jd

When I turn the jeep off, the brake "idiot" light stays lit til the battery
dies....

Thanks,
John

This thing has nickeled and dimed me for 6 months, This is the last straw..
If anything else go "boom" it will be for sale..

Old March 10th 05, 01:23 AM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

You are describing the alternator idiot light that stays lit
because it's diodes are bad and the battery is lighting it running
backwards though it to ground.
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old March 10th 05, 01:59 AM
jd

So, just replace the alternator and I should be good to go..

Thanks again.

John

Old March 10th 05, 02:11 AM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Hi John,
Yes, and look for a connection between it and the battery that
could have been disconnected while the engine was running. That's what
pops the diode, or an accidental jumper cable reversal.
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old March 10th 05, 02:25 PM
Mike Romain

I would unplug it to see if the light goes out first.

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's

jd wrote:

> So, just replace the alternator and I should be good to go..
>
> Thanks again.
>
> John
> "L.W. ("ßill") Hughes III" > wrote in message
> > You are describing the alternator idiot light that stays lit
> > because it's diodes are bad and the battery is lighting it running
> > backwards though it to ground.
> > God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
> > http://www.billhughes.com/
> >
> > jd wrote:
> >>
> >> When I turn the jeep off, the brake "idiot" light stays lit til the
> >> battery
> >> dies....
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> John

95 Lebaron Convertible moulding prob GAlan Chrysler 0 March 7th 05 09:28 AM
A/C prob 96 Grand Caravan Chrysler 4 January 16th 05 04:01 PM
idle prob greenwagon Honda 0 January 2nd 05 12:41 AM
1986 320i Prob Gilly L BMW 3 December 19th 04 11:10 PM
96 explorer Signal prob HELP!! john Ford Explorer 0 December 4th 04 03:36 PM