Rfactor 2

Old March 9th 13, 11:05 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Andre Warringa

Default Rfactor 2

I've been out of simracing for a while, but yesterday I saw this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPIgX8T66ac

And damn, I'm impressed!! I see it's for sale on
http://rfactor.net/web/rf2/rfactor2-purchase , but it's still beta?
Anyone tried it yet?

Cheers
Andre
Old March 12th 13, 07:44 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
FolkGT

On Sat, 09 Mar 2013 11:05:33 +0100, Andre Warringa >
wrote:

>I've been out of simracing for a while, but yesterday I saw this video
>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPIgX8T66ac
>
>And damn, I'm impressed!! I see it's for sale on
>http://rfactor.net/web/rf2/rfactor2-purchase , but it's still beta?
>Anyone tried it yet?
>
>Cheers
>Andre

If you're impressed by that, be sure to keep an eye out for Project Cars.
Here's a comparison video of a Lotus '49 at SPA:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyCCHe5OOck

One of our more talented members has a Youtube page with a lot more
videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Jonz66?feature=watch
Old March 14th 13, 12:18 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Andre Warringa

On Tue, 12 Mar 2013 14:44:38 -0400, FolkGT >
wrote:

>On Sat, 09 Mar 2013 11:05:33 +0100, Andre Warringa >
>wrote:
>
>>I've been out of simracing for a while, but yesterday I saw this video
>>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPIgX8T66ac
>>
>>And damn, I'm impressed!! I see it's for sale on
>>http://rfactor.net/web/rf2/rfactor2-purchase , but it's still beta?
>>Anyone tried it yet?
>>
>>Cheers
>>Andre

>If you're impressed by that, be sure to keep an eye out for Project Cars.
>Here's a comparison video of a Lotus '49 at SPA:
>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyCCHe5OOck
>
>One of our more talented members has a Youtube page with a lot more
>videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Jonz66?feature=watch

Wow that look great too! But is it me or does Rfactor2 have a better
sensation of speed, just judging from the videos? I would sell my
house (and girlfriend) for a sim that resembles GPL, and it seems to
me Rfactor2 comes closer to that.

Can't wait to try them out. Any release date known for both sims?

Cheers
Andre
Old March 14th 13, 12:42 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Mario Petrinovic

Andre Warringa:
I would sell my house (and girlfriend)...

...,and her two children.

Old March 14th 13, 12:51 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Mario Petrinovic

"Mario Petrinovic" wrote in message ...

Andre Warringa:
I would sell my house (and girlfriend)...

...,and her two children.

I didn't mention the dog, though.

Old March 14th 13, 08:21 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
FolkGT

On Thu, 14 Mar 2013 12:18:42 +0100, Andre Warringa >
wrote:

>On Tue, 12 Mar 2013 14:44:38 -0400, FolkGT >
>wrote:
>
>>On Sat, 09 Mar 2013 11:05:33 +0100, Andre Warringa >
>>wrote:
>>
>>>I've been out of simracing for a while, but yesterday I saw this video
>>>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPIgX8T66ac
>>>
>>>And damn, I'm impressed!! I see it's for sale on
>>>http://rfactor.net/web/rf2/rfactor2-purchase , but it's still beta?
>>>Anyone tried it yet?
>>>
>>>Cheers
>>>Andre

>>If you're impressed by that, be sure to keep an eye out for Project Cars.
>>Here's a comparison video of a Lotus '49 at SPA:
>>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyCCHe5OOck
>>
>>One of our more talented members has a Youtube page with a lot more
>>videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Jonz66?feature=watch

>Wow that look great too! But is it me or does Rfactor2 have a better
>sensation of speed, just judging from the videos? I would sell my
>house (and girlfriend) for a sim that resembles GPL, and it seems to
>me Rfactor2 comes closer to that.

Well, most of the staff from GPL is now with Slightly Mad Studios. You
can draw your own conclusions.

Sense of speed is largely FOV driven, and that's completely adjustable.
Currently, the game allows separate FOV adjustment from seven different
camera angles.

>Can't wait to try them out. Any release date known for both sims?

Can't speak for rfactor, and I really can't give you a date for Project
Cars either. We're hoping for this year, but it will get released when
it's ready. Project Cars doesn't have a publisher, so there's no outside
pressure to put out a product on a certain date. It will be released when
the members are happy with it.

Although the project is currently closed to new members, there's an
outside chance that will change in the future. If so, I'll post something
here.
Old March 15th 13, 09:07 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Tony R

On 14/03/2013 19:21, FolkGT wrote:

> Well, most of the staff from GPL is now with Slightly Mad Studios. You
> can draw your own conclusions.

Really? who? I think you meant GTR2

Old March 16th 13, 03:08 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
FolkGT

On Fri, 15 Mar 2013 08:07:37 +0000, Tony R
> wrote:

>On 14/03/2013 19:21, FolkGT wrote:
>
>> Well, most of the staff from GPL is now with Slightly Mad Studios. You
>> can draw your own conclusions.

>Really? who? I think you meant GTR2

Quite right Tony. Acronym dyslexia.

rFactor bluestringer Simulators 18 February 11th 07 05:55 PM
is Rfactor available in UK? Rand Al'Thor Simulators 3 December 22nd 05 12:19 PM
rFactor & F1 Greg Cisko Simulators 17 October 5th 05 08:35 AM
rfactor out Rolf Wesemann Simulators 5 September 1st 05 01:30 PM
why is rfactor Brendan Hoefs Simulators 49 August 21st 05 08:22 AM