FIXED: Little to no cabin heat 1998 Grand Cherokee

Old February 5th 14, 06:43 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Will Honea

Default FIXED: Little to no cabin heat 1998 Grand Cherokee

Budd Cochran wrote:

> But sometimes this cozy little valley stays warmer than the rest of the
> state ... which is why the Native Americans loved it for wintering.

My first trip here was in the summer of '59 when I entered the Academy.
During the next 4 years, -20 in the parking lot was common and you could set
your watch by the time the afternoon thunderstorm started. Year after I
graduated, I25 was washed away between the Springs and Castle Rock. When I
came back on the faculty in '72, they had to shovel the stadium to have a
ball game on 12 Sep, then we got 36 inches on Halloween. I've been snowed
on every month of the year in the 50 years or so I've in and out of here. I
watched cars floating down Ute Pass last summer so I am less than impressed
by the global warming crowd, especially as it's 6 below outside right now
with a 25 knot wind and a fresh 6 inches of snow...

Climate is what you expect, weather is what you get.

We live on the northern edge of the Chihuahua desert - if you don't believe
it, watch some footage from the dustbowl days.

--
Will Honea

Old February 6th 14, 05:11 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Budd Cochran[_2_]

"Will Honea" > wrote in message
: Budd Cochran wrote:
:
: > But sometimes this cozy little valley stays warmer than the rest of the
: > state ... which is why the Native Americans loved it for wintering.
: >
:
[...]
: --
: Will Honea
:
My step-dad dryland farmed down by Holly during the 30's and instead of
going west he went back east and met my mom in IN by beating her in a car
race ... she was in a 32 Ford V-8 and he was driving a 35 Plymouth.

I got to hear a lot about those days.

Did you teach at the Academy?

--
Budd Cochran

Need proof that we need less government?

They can't run a website that could have

been built with WYSIWYG5!

---

Old February 6th 14, 06:10 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Will Honea

Budd Cochran wrote:

> My step-dad dryland farmed down by Holly during the 30's and instead of
> going west he went back east and met my mom in IN by beating her in a car
> race ... she was in a 32 Ford V-8 and he was driving a 35 Plymouth.
>
> I got to hear a lot about those days.
>
> Did you teach at the Academy?

AH! 35 Plymouth - heck of a flathead 6. I had one of those in high school -
until I challenged a guy in a Chevy Coupe. I was tight, rods weren't - that
mill never would take high revs...

I taught EE and flying as extra duty as I had over 3000 hours of IP time by
then.

--
Will Honea

Old February 7th 14, 05:21 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Budd Cochran[_2_]

"Will Honea" > wrote in message
: Budd Cochran wrote:
:
[...]
The Chrysler 6 was used as the foundation design for the Continental series
of flathead fours and sixes in the 50's thru late 60's for industrial and
forklift applications ... and the lower end design wasessentially replicated
in the famous Slant 6 engine series, an engine series that should never have
been dropped, imho.

I have to admit I'm not sure what EE is but I love flying ... to the point I
volunteered to serve chow from a Huey as an E-6 in the Indiana National
Guard!

I was looking at joining the USAF in '68 and trying for some kind of flying
tech schooling even if it was as bombadier on a B-52.

My very first flight was with a young friend that had just got his private
license in a Piper Chrokee around 1970.

And when I went to Army Basic in Ft Leonard Wood, I'd sneak home on weekend
passes by hopping a flight from St Louis to Indianapolis.

Unfortunately, I never got the money together to take lessons ... dang it.

Now, the old ticker can't handle it, I'm afraid.

Old February 7th 14, 05:48 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Will Honea

Budd Cochran wrote:

> The Chrysler 6 was used as the foundation design for the Continental
> series of flathead fours and sixes in the 50's thru late 60's for
> industrial and forklift applications ... and the lower end design
> wasessentially replicated in the famous Slant 6 engine series, an engine
> series that should never have been dropped, imho.
>
> I have to admit I'm not sure what EE is but I love flying ... to the point
> I volunteered to serve chow from a Huey as an E-6 in the Indiana National
> Guard!
>
> I was looking at joining the USAF in '68 and trying for some kind of
> flying tech schooling even if it was as bombadier on a B-52.
>
> My very first flight was with a young friend that had just got his private
> license in a Piper Chrokee around 1970.
>
> And when I went to Army Basic in Ft Leonard Wood, I'd sneak home on
> weekend passes by hopping a flight from St Louis to Indianapolis.
>
> Unfortunately, I never got the money together to take lessons ... dang it.
>
> Now, the old ticker can't handle it, I'm afraid.

EE was/is Electrical Engineering. I started teaching on vacuum tube
designs...

I went from pilot training straight to instructor pilot for 4 years - lots
of flying time with lots of acrobatics and formation flying. After a year
in Vietnam flying A-37s (380-odd combat missions) they sent me to grad
school then back to the Academy faculty. With all that time as an IP, they
"asked" me to instruct in the T-41 (Cessna 182) then the T-37 when that
showed up. Got ready to leave the Academy in 76 and they had so many pilots
that I had too much flying time to go back to the cockpit so I exercised my
walking rights and got out. Flew all sorts of private light a/c but I
haven't flown for about 10 years now - too blasted expensive. I did get the
cardiologist and FAA to sign off on the heart attack 3 years back but I just
can't justify the cost anymore unless I fly on company time.

--
Will Honea

Old February 8th 14, 04:08 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Budd Cochran[_2_]

"Will Honea" > wrote in message
: Budd Cochran wrote:
:
[...]
You'd have a good time "discussing" vacuum tube attributes with my older
brother. He was career USAF Electronics Tech and he often complains that
tubes were better than solid state then boots his solid state PC running XP
or the laptop with Win7.

Those first few flights for me way back when required I share the plane
rental and the fuel / oil costs ... I think it came to about $20/trip.

I miss flying and for a long time considered getting an ultralight but the
wind currents around the Royal Gorge area can be nasty even with light
breezes.

What I know of EE can be rattled around in the valley of a 4-40 thread nut.

I learned some things about electrical wiring in 4H and as a millwright
apprentice but I never learned much about circut engineering.

Old February 8th 14, 08:20 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Will Honea

Budd Cochran wrote:

> What I know of EE can be rattled around in the valley of a 4-40 thread
> nut.
>
> I learned some things about electrical wiring in 4H and as a millwright
> apprentice but I never learned much about circut engineering.

I had about decided to retire some years back when I got a call from one of
the telecom biggies wanting me to come work for them supporting their
"legacy" systems. The pay was outrageously high so I did. I wound up
running that part of the shop and had a bunch of wet-behind-the-ears college
grads working for me. They could not understand why someone with graduate
degrees in electronics, a few patents to my name, etc would have a garage
full of tools - milling machine, lathes, welders and a full woodshop. Their
"knowlege" was so narrow I don't think most of them could tell the
difference between there arse and a hole in the ground unless both were
clearly labeled.

Glad you got the heater going - it's been so cold I even fixed the manifold
preheat line just to keep it running in the morning.

--
Will Honea

Old February 9th 14, 04:45 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Budd Cochran[_2_]

"Will Honea" > wrote in message
: Budd Cochran wrote:
:
[...]

In a similar vein, I've been asked why I have so many basic level skills:
Pneumatics, hydraulics, capentry, woodworking, plumbing, welding (mostly gas
or stick, some tig), brazing, machinery fabrication, industrial design /
construction, business management (and owner), artist (various genres),
author (various Christian genres), small engines, automotive mechanics,
heavy equipment mechanics, groundskeeper, hospital housekeeping / janitoral,
and security.

I just reply that my step-dad (WW1 Navy Vet born in 1890) always said the
day you stop learning is the day they throw dirt on your coffin.

: Glad you got the heater going - it's been so cold I even fixed the
manifold
: preheat line just to keep it running in the morning.
:
: --
: Will Honea

I think you have me confused with the OP, my friend.

--
Budd Cochran

Need proof that we need less government?

They can't run a website that could have

been built with WYSIWYG5!

:

---

Heat-AC Issues w/2000 Grand Cherokee lmnop Chrysler 0 October 7th 09 01:17 AM
1998 Cherokee Heat Shield Back On and a new muffler Sam[_6_] Jeep 0 August 23rd 07 03:43 AM
1999 Jeep grand cherokee NO Heat!! 99wj Jeep 4 December 16th 05 08:51 AM
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee McNick Jeep 20 October 29th 05 03:13 AM
93 Grand Cherokee heat & defroster waynexoh Jeep 4 October 17th 05 07:30 PM