Ah, the Stupid Mistakes We Make...

Old September 21st 07, 04:09 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Mister.Lull

Default Ah, the Stupid Mistakes We Make...

Hey All,

So apparently I hadn't had enough coffee before I went to the gas
station on my way to work this morning. I filled up, bought some
juice, cleaned my windshield and back window, put the nozzle back into
its holster, and drove away without closing my gas tank. Needless to
say, I was a little dismayed as I watched my gas cap roll off across
four lanes of moderate traffic through my side-view mirror after
hearing a small *clunk*.

So my question is, where's a good (reliable) place to order a
Volkswagen gas cap for a 2000 Jetta GL? I would just go to Schuck's
and grab an aftermarket one, but the last time I tried that (with a
'97 Jetta) it gave me compression problems - as it just wasn't a VW
part.

Awaiting Suggestions and/or Comments and/or Laughs from the Peanut
Gallery,
~Mister.Lull

Old September 22nd 07, 01:32 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

"Mister.Lull" > wrote:

>Hey All,
>
>So apparently I hadn't had enough coffee before I went to the gas
>station on my way to work this morning. I filled up, bought some
>juice, cleaned my windshield and back window, put the nozzle back into
>its holster, and drove away without closing my gas tank. Needless to
>say, I was a little dismayed as I watched my gas cap roll off across
>four lanes of moderate traffic through my side-view mirror after
>hearing a small *clunk*.
>
>So my question is, where's a good (reliable) place to order a
>Volkswagen gas cap for a 2000 Jetta GL? I would just go to Schuck's
>and grab an aftermarket one, but the last time I tried that (with a
>'97 Jetta) it gave me compression problems - as it just wasn't a VW
>part.

Try www.bimmerparts.com . They show the part for $21 and
they primarily carry parts by OEM manufacturers.

Todd
Seattle,WA
'86 GTI, Red of course. (exciting racey car) 265,000 miles
'87 Golf, Polar Silver. (boring work car) 627,000 miles <- Yeah, baby!
http://www.pureluckdesign.com <-Ferrari & VW stuff
Old September 22nd 07, 01:38 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Lost In Space/Woodchuck[_2_]

I bet a VW dealer has one!

ups.com...

Old September 22nd 07, 06:16 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Matt B.

http://www.germanautoparts.com is a good place too for online VW stuff.

Old September 22nd 07, 12:58 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
dave AKA vwdoc1

DEALER!

Old September 23rd 07, 05:51 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Mister.Lull

On Sep 22, 4:58 am, "dave AKA vwdoc1" > wrote:
> DEALER!
>
> "Matt B." > wrote in message

> > "Mister.Lull" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> >> Hey All,

> >> So apparently I hadn't had enough coffee before I went to the gas
> >> station on my way to work this morning. I filled up, bought some
> >> juice, cleaned my windshield and back window, put the nozzle back into
> >> its holster, and drove away without closing my gas tank. Needless to
> >> say, I was a little dismayed as I watched my gas cap roll off across
> >> four lanes of moderate traffic through my side-view mirror after
> >> hearing a small *clunk*.

> >> So my question is, where's a good (reliable) place to order a
> >> Volkswagen gas cap for a 2000 Jetta GL? I would just go to Schuck's
> >> and grab an aftermarket one, but the last time I tried that (with a
> >> '97 Jetta) it gave me compression problems - as it just wasn't a VW
> >> part.

> >> Awaiting Suggestions and/or Comments and/or Laughs from the Peanut
> >> Gallery,
> >> ~Mister.Lull

> >http://www.germanautoparts.comis a good place too for online VW stuff.- Hide quoted text -

Thanks, All!