Car running rough

Old August 6th 05, 05:19 AM
Gordon Parks

Default Car running rough

This is the car that I posted questions about bringing out of storage a few
weeks ago. After getting all the bad gas out of the system it was running
great and I had been driving it to work. Today on the way to work it started
bucking and backfiring as I was driving down a hill about ten minutes into
the drive. I pulled over and checked everything I could while it was sitting
there. It restarted right away and was running real rough. Another check of
the engine compartment showed bubbles in the fuel filter between the fuel
pump and the carb. As I was noticing this, the engine smoothed out and since
I was only 5 min from work, I got in and finished the drive with no
problems. The problem resurfaced again on the way home. Again after about
ten min. Letting the engine idle until it smoothed out again only got me
another two to three minutes of drive time before it started again. The
sequence was repeated three times to get home. I checked the timing and
electrical stuff that I could while it was hot. Will check the valves in the
morning. Any one have any ideas of other stuff to look for? Any ideas what I
might be facing?

Old August 6th 05, 10:06 AM
Jan Andersson

Gordon Parks wrote:

> This is the car that I posted questions about bringing out of storage a few
> weeks ago. After getting all the bad gas out of the system it was running
> great and I had been driving it to work. Today on the way to work it started
> bucking and backfiring as I was driving down a hill about ten minutes into
> the drive. I pulled over and checked everything I could while it was sitting
> there. It restarted right away and was running real rough. Another check of
> the engine compartment showed bubbles in the fuel filter between the fuel
> pump and the carb. As I was noticing this, the engine smoothed out and since
> I was only 5 min from work, I got in and finished the drive with no
> problems. The problem resurfaced again on the way home. Again after about
> ten min. Letting the engine idle until it smoothed out again only got me
> another two to three minutes of drive time before it started again. The
> sequence was repeated three times to get home. I checked the timing and
> electrical stuff that I could while it was hot. Will check the valves in the
> morning. Any one have any ideas of other stuff to look for? Any ideas what I
> might be facing?

Clogged fuel line.

Jan
Old August 7th 05, 01:13 AM
P.J. Berg

Jan Andersson wrote:
> Gordon Parks wrote:
>
>>This is the car that I posted questions about bringing out of storage a few
>>weeks ago. After getting all the bad gas out of the system it was running
>>great and I had been driving it to work. Today on the way to work it started
>>bucking and backfiring as I was driving down a hill about ten minutes into
>>the drive. I pulled over and checked everything I could while it was sitting
>>there. It restarted right away and was running real rough. Another check of
>>the engine compartment showed bubbles in the fuel filter between the fuel
>>pump and the carb. As I was noticing this, the engine smoothed out and since
>>I was only 5 min from work, I got in and finished the drive with no
>>problems. The problem resurfaced again on the way home. Again after about
>>ten min. Letting the engine idle until it smoothed out again only got me
>>another two to three minutes of drive time before it started again. The
>>sequence was repeated three times to get home. I checked the timing and
>>electrical stuff that I could while it was hot. Will check the valves in the
>>morning. Any one have any ideas of other stuff to look for? Any ideas what I
>>might be facing?

> Clogged fuel line.
>
> Jan

That would be semi clogged fuel line darling... :0]

J.

1973 280SEL 4.5 running rough Alex Technology 2 May 21st 05 04:24 PM
Rough running cj Big Don Jeep 3 March 12th 05 04:22 PM
156 1.8 rough running problems Joe Fox Alfa Romeo 1 January 30th 05 11:41 PM
Rough running T T Lee Jordan Audi 2 August 1st 04 11:09 AM