Engine seems to hesitate then jump...

Old October 1st 04, 06:04 AM
Brett370

Default Engine seems to hesitate then jump...

I have a 1998 VW Jetta TDI. Recently I have noticed when driving at very low
speeds 5 MPH or lower the car seems to lunge forward then hesitate then lunge
forward hesitate and continue this behavior until I step on the accelerator.
Now just tonight I noted that it seemed to be doing the same thing but this
time on the highway going about 55-60 MPH. Any ideas what could be causing
this behavior or how to go about diagnose / fix?
Old October 3rd 04, 09:41 PM
AlanH70

Possibly water in the fuel tank/fuel filter. Did you try to drain the fuel
filter at all?