Head light Assembly for 2001 Grand Cherokee

Old June 30th 11, 07:27 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Larry[_21_]

Default Head light Assembly for 2001 Grand Cherokee

Hazy but not too bad so I am told. I wondered about how long the polishing lasts? I am thinking about it. The dealer will do it for $100 and an other local garage wants $136. Not sure about why the price difference.

Larry
Old June 30th 11, 11:04 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
DougW[_2_]

Larry wrote:
> Hazy but not too bad so I am told. I wondered about how long the
> polishing lasts? I am thinking about it. The dealer will do it for
> $100 and an other local garage wants $136. Not sure about why the
> price difference.

It's just labor. But do mask off the surrounding paint, especially
if you use a spinnyball or pad.

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...sh+lights&aq=f

Lots of examples. I've used Flitz with good results. Also used
McGuires polishing compound.

The key is how long it lasts. Just rubbing the surface clean will
last for a while, but you really need to seal it back up or it will
haze over again. This is where you need good product and a very
clean surface.

http://www.repaintsupply.com/pd-sem-...clear-coat.cfm
or suchlike. Don't just use any ol clearcoat, plastic is kinda picky.

--
DougW

Old July 2nd 11, 02:57 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Larry[_21_]

On Jun 30, 4:04*pm, "DougW" >
wrote:
> Larry wrote:
> > Hazy but not too bad so I am told. *I wondered about how long the
> > polishing lasts? * I am thinking about it. The dealer will do it for
> > $100 and an other local garage wants $136. *Not sure about why the
> > price difference.

> It's just labor. *But do mask off the surrounding paint, especially
> if you use a spinnyball or pad.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...sh+lights&aq=f
>
> Lots of examples. *I've used Flitz with good results. Also used
> McGuires polishing compound.
>
> The key is how long it lasts. *Just rubbing the surface clean will
> last for a while, but you really need to seal it back up or it will
> haze over again. *This is where you need good product and a very
> clean surface.
>
> http://www.repaintsupply.com/pd-sem-...ight-lens-clea...
> or suchlike. *Don't just use any ol clearcoat, plastic is kinda picky.
>
> --
> DougW

Thanks for that info...very helpful.

Larry