Overheating/Vapor lock Fix for JGW

Old August 17th 11, 10:47 PM posted to alt.jeep-l,rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
DougW[_2_]

Default Overheating/Vapor lock Fix for JGW

STS last @pad9.nasa.gov wrote:
> Nice group!!

Interesting solution, thanks for sharing.
Also xposting to the other group. Not too many regulars left
but this is worth sharing.

Another thing you can do is use some silicone tubing or simply cut a slot
down some large diameter vacuum line and let that snap over the top of
the fuel line. Secure with some zip ties. I do this to keep the lines
that run next to my exhaust (4.0) from getting too hot.

They also make insulation wrap. Usually found in the sparkplug section.

Old August 18th 11, 01:40 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys,alt.jeep-l
STS last @pad9.nasa.gov

Tried the insulation amd rubber tubing. Temp fix at best. This works best on
the 360 V-8.

similar to vapor lock...? bobar3425 Technology 5 March 28th 07 04:54 AM
Possible vapor lock? Mac VW air cooled 1 December 6th 05 06:19 PM
94 740IL has problems starting - vapor lock? BMW 4 September 1st 05 12:25 PM
vapor lock? hesitating '94 eclipse fusQuanto Technology 26 April 11th 05 12:19 AM
97 Golf - How to fix door lock? J.C. VW water cooled 22 December 22nd 04 11:54 PM