Killer NIC - Real or Snakeoil?

Old July 14th 06, 05:49 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Larry[_1_]

Default Killer NIC - Real or Snakeoil?

Whaddaya think?

http://www.killernic.com/KillerNic/

-Larry

Old July 14th 06, 07:57 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Mitch_A[_1_]

When the "Science" page is nothing more than more self promoting marketing
you have to wonder. Sounds like just another gimmick (bunch of crap) to
rake in some cash on unsuspecting gamers with more money than sense.
RAM-Doubler s/w of the mid nineties comes to mind

When it sounds to good to be true it's usually to good to be true...

Mitch

Old July 15th 06, 11:06 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Rod[_2_]

In article <hWPtg.68205$fG3.7443@dukeread09>, says...

> Whaddaya think?

http://www.killernic.com/KillerNic/

********.

Any benefits would be absolutely minimal at best.

--
Cheers,
Rod.
Old July 16th 06, 06:40 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Garrot[_2_]

On Fri, 14 Jul 2006 12:49:18 -0400, Larry wrote:

> Whaddaya think?
>
> http://www.killernic.com/KillerNic/
>
> -Larry

The photo of the card itself looks totally fake.
Old July 16th 06, 07:44 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Milo Johnson

"Garrot" > wrote in message
.. .
> On Fri, 14 Jul 2006 12:49:18 -0400, Larry wrote:
>
>> Whaddaya think?
>>
>> http://www.killernic.com/KillerNic/
>>
>> -Larry

> The photo of the card itself looks totally fake

Negative-Negative-Negative without knowing a thing about it!
Hope it does what it says and you all can become positive-positive_positive.

MILO.

Old July 16th 06, 05:29 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Mitch_A[_1_]

That was my point. You go to the website to FIND OUT and all you get is
more hype without ANY substance. So yes, negative.... Do you have
something to add that will make it look more positive? Fairytale land is
for fools and children...

Mitch

"Don't pee on my leg then tell me it's raining"

. ..

Old July 17th 06, 02:11 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Larry[_1_]

Actually, RAM Doubler on the Mac was a very useful product if for no other
reason than it replaced Apple's inefficient VM system with one that actually
worked right.

-Larry

. com...

Old August 3rd 06, 01:06 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

They posted a whitepaper at :
http://www.killernic.com./KillerNic/...hite_Paper.pdf.

Be interesting to see in-game performance results...

Old August 3rd 06, 10:45 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Mitch_A[_1_]

Interesting. Now were getting somewhere

Thx for the heads-up.

Mitch