GTR 2 Demo is out now :-)

Old July 22nd 06, 10:33 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Garrot[_2_]

Default GTR 2 Demo is out now :-)

RickSweeney wrote:
> Thanks for the link buddy...

Your welcome. I saw someone post that link in another gaming group for
another demo and it looks like I will be getting all my demos from there
in the future. I hate sites like filefront etc. that require you to
register and then put you on throttled downloads unless you pay them a
subscription fee.
Old July 25th 06, 05:15 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Larry[_1_]

Ok, I've been lurking on this thread waiting for someone else to report
this, but so far no one has so here goes.

First, since Starforce is gone I went ahead and downloaded/installed.

I can say that finally the ISI "Driving on Ice" feel is gone. rFactor got
real close, but this one really does it.

Graphics are nice.

Fun to drive.

Now the bad news.

I had to uninstall the demo for 2 reasons:

1. It messed up my sound card. Sound got compressed and tinny. Even when
not in GTR2.
2. I started getting sudden Windows Blue Screens/Restarts.

I uninstalled the demo and both issues went away.

I really wanted to go further with it but I can't allow the instability.
Maybe I'll install it on my Vista test bed since that machine can go down
without worries.

-Larry

ps.com...

Old July 25th 06, 06:30 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Trev B

No problems on my XP machine. Have you updated all your drivers to the
latest versions?

Old July 25th 06, 07:23 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Larry wrote:
> Ok, I've been lurking on this thread waiting for someone else to report
> this, but so far no one has so here goes.
>
> First, since Starforce is gone I went ahead and downloaded/installed.
>
> I can say that finally the ISI "Driving on Ice" feel is gone. rFactor got
> real close, but this one really does it.
>
> Graphics are nice.
>
> Fun to drive.
>
> Now the bad news.
>
> I had to uninstall the demo for 2 reasons:
>
> 1. It messed up my sound card. Sound got compressed and tinny. Even when
> not in GTR2.
> 2. I started getting sudden Windows Blue Screens/Restarts.
>
> I uninstalled the demo and both issues went away.
>
> I really wanted to go further with it but I can't allow the instability.
> Maybe I'll install it on my Vista test bed since that machine can go down
> without worries.
>
> -Larry

Larry,

I think noone else is reporting this because it is not happening to
others. The GTR2 code seems very solid so far, as I have had no
technical issues while running it. I think it's safe to say that your
BSOD's and sound issues are more the result of something "not quite
right" on your system - not anything inherently wrong with GTR2.

-CK

Old July 25th 06, 09:20 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Mitch_A[_1_]

Soooo, it doesnt run on your rig (not surprising at all) but you THINK it
may be ok in Vista with (extremely) Alpha Creative sound drivers....
LOL.... Good luck wit dat considering Creative's released drivers are
perhaps the buggiest code ever written for a PC. Creative should have fired
its driver devs years ago along with Harvey Fong....

Mitch

"Larry" > wrote in message

Old July 25th 06, 09:23 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Mitch_A[_1_]

Blue Screens are a typical byproduct of actual knowledge not inline with
perceived knowledge

ups.com...

Old July 25th 06, 11:22 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Trev B

Condescending ****!

Old July 25th 06, 11:38 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Garrot[_2_]

Mitch_A wrote:
> Soooo, it doesnt run on your rig (not surprising at all) but you THINK it
> may be ok in Vista with (extremely) Alpha Creative sound drivers....
> LOL.... Good luck wit dat considering Creative's released drivers are
> perhaps the buggiest code ever written for a PC. Creative should have fired
> its driver devs years ago along with Harvey Fong....
>
> Mitch

What don't you like about Harvey Fong? He used to work for the legendary
Hercules video card company and has always been helpful to me. And the
X-Fi drivers cause no issue for me on XP SP2, but then I chose the
minimal install drivers.
Old July 26th 06, 02:05 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Larry[_1_]

Of course

-Larry

Old July 26th 06, 02:05 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Larry[_1_]

Like I said, both issues ceased when I uninstalled it.

Not saying it's defective. Just saying it isn't working out on MY machine.

-Larry

ups.com...