TOCA 3 Race Driver 3

Old July 22nd 06, 01:40 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Robert Jordan

Default TOCA 3 Race Driver 3

IS anyone currently trying out the TOCA Racedriver 3 released by
COdemasters? Its got alot of cars in it. Anywhere from gocarts,dune
buggies and vws,touring,rally cars,F1 open wheels,Nascar trucks and cars
to sprint cars. Numerous tracks to race on. I wouldve liked a few more
tracks but hey there is alot there to run on. THe physics look like
toca2 era, not my favorite but not half bad to run on. its got
multiplayer via gamespy or IP. I havent test the MP yet. THe graphics
looks pretty good, not evolutionary but adequate to achieve decent frame
rates.
Old July 23rd 06, 03:45 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Jeff Reid

> IS anyone currently trying out the TOCA Racedriver 3 released by Codemasters?

I have it for the PC. I liked the game, but I rarely play any game
online anymore, because of limited gaming time and so many good
games out there.

If you have a PC, I have a couple of downloads:

This one fixed world tour tier 32, which normally places you in the
slower F18 against the AI in the faster F27. It's a replacment file
for

\Program Files\Codemasters\Race Driver 3\gamedata\chamship\champ.big

http://jeffareid.net/rd3/rd3champ.zip

The other one is a completed savegame with all bonus unlocked and a
program to change the bonus code to your bonus code. Unzip RD3FIX.EXE
and RD3FIX.SAV to a temp folder, run RD3FIX.EXE and enter your
bonus code. It will create a Profile001.sav with everything unlocked.

http://jeffareid.net/rd3/rd3fix.zip

Old July 23rd 06, 11:30 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Robert Jordan

Jeff Reid wrote:
>> IS anyone currently trying out the TOCA Racedriver 3 released by Codemasters?

> I have it for the PC. I liked the game, but I rarely play any game
> online anymore, because of limited gaming time and so many good
> games out there.
>
> If you have a PC, I have a couple of downloads:
>
> This one fixed world tour tier 32, which normally places you in the
> slower F18 against the AI in the faster F27. It's a replacment file
> for
>
> \Program Files\Codemasters\Race Driver 3\gamedata\chamship\champ.big
>
> http://jeffareid.net/rd3/rd3champ.zip
>
> The other one is a completed savegame with all bonus unlocked and a
> program to change the bonus code to your bonus code. Unzip RD3FIX.EXE
> and RD3FIX.SAV to a temp folder, run RD3FIX.EXE and enter your
> bonus code. It will create a Profile001.sav with everything unlocked.
>
> http://jeffareid.net/rd3/rd3fix.zip

Hey thanks alot for the files... esp the unlocker.. there are alot of
car types Id like to drive...

Its a fun game no doubt.... ran many a laps on it so far..

Old July 31st 06, 12:03 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
CMORE

Robert Jordan" > wrote in message
> IS anyone currently trying out the TOCA Racedriver 3 released by
> COdemasters? Its got alot of cars in it. Anywhere from gocarts,dune
> buggies and vws,touring,rally cars,F1 open wheels,Nascar trucks and cars
> to sprint cars. Numerous tracks to race on. I wouldve liked a few more
> tracks but hey there is alot there to run on. THe physics look like toca2
> era, not my favorite but not half bad to run on. its got multiplayer via
> gamespy or IP. I havent test the MP yet. THe graphics looks pretty good,
> not evolutionary but adequate to achieve decent frame rates.

Umm, WTF is up with all these racing SIM games using starforce!! How ghey is
it that I've had to skip two recent demos (TOCA 3 and GTR 2) just because
they like to infect users PC with malware. NO THANKS!! I suggest others
customers join suite to get these developers to listen to their customers
and use alternative copy protection systems!

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/driving/t...d=m-1-26301084

UBISOFT got the message and dropped starforce protection from their games.
Times for others to follow!

Old July 31st 06, 01:40 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

CMORE wrote:
> Robert Jordan" > wrote in message
> > IS anyone currently trying out the TOCA Racedriver 3 released by
> > COdemasters? Its got alot of cars in it. Anywhere from gocarts,dune
> > buggies and vws,touring,rally cars,F1 open wheels,Nascar trucks and cars
> > to sprint cars. Numerous tracks to race on. I wouldve liked a few more
> > tracks but hey there is alot there to run on. THe physics look like toca2
> > era, not my favorite but not half bad to run on. its got multiplayer via
> > gamespy or IP. I havent test the MP yet. THe graphics looks pretty good,
> > not evolutionary but adequate to achieve decent frame rates.

> Umm, WTF is up with all these racing SIM games using starforce!! How ghey is
> it that I've had to skip two recent demos (TOCA 3 and GTR 2) just because
> they like to infect users PC with malware. NO THANKS!! I suggest others
> customers join suite to get these developers to listen to their customers
> and use alternative copy protection systems!
>
> http://www.gamespot.com/pc/driving/t...d=m-1-26301084
>
> UBISOFT got the message and dropped starforce protection from their games.
> Times for others to follow!

I think you should be particularly warry of GTR2, where the Starforce
protection is so cleverly hidden that it cannot be detected by any
known utility or person ... I tell you, it's almost as if it's not
even there. Scary!!! Be afraid... Be very afraid...

Old July 31st 06, 07:13 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Elrikk

> wrote in message
oups.com...

<snip>

> I think you should be particularly warry of GTR2, where the Starforce
> protection is so cleverly hidden that it cannot be detected by any
> known utility or person ... I tell you, it's almost as if it's not
> even there. Scary!!! Be afraid... Be very afraid...

LOL. ;o)

Elrikk

Old July 31st 06, 09:07 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
CMORE

"Elrikk" > wrote in message

> > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>>

> <snip>
>
>> I think you should be particularly warry of GTR2, where the Starforce
>> protection is so cleverly hidden that it cannot be detected by any
>> known utility or person ... I tell you, it's almost as if it's not
>> even there. Scary!!! Be afraid... Be very afraid...
>>

> LOL. ;o)
>

> Elrikk

My mistake if the SF protection has now been removed.

Old August 1st 06, 01:39 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

CMORE wrote:
> "Elrikk" > wrote in message
> >
> > > wrote in message
> > oups.com...
> >>

> > <snip>
> >
> >> I think you should be particularly warry of GTR2, where the Starforce
> >> protection is so cleverly hidden that it cannot be detected by any
> >> known utility or person ... I tell you, it's almost as if it's not
> >> even there. Scary!!! Be afraid... Be very afraid...
> >>

> > LOL. ;o)
> >

> > Elrikk
> >

> My mistake if the SF protection has now been removed

How could SF protection have been removed from GTR2 when it was never
there?