GTR 2 and TOCA 3 demos use Starforce protection!

Old July 31st 06, 12:08 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
CMORE

Default GTR 2 and TOCA 3 demos use Starforce protection!

I actually just responded to the TOCA 3 thread with this response but wanted
to create a separate thread since I'm sick of companies that use Starforce.
I really wanted to try both these demos out but have heard way to many
horror stories from people that have been victimized by starforce. Granted,
some of you may not have issues after installing starforce protected games
I'm completely against manipulating a users PC without their explicit
consent! Starforce does not disclose this from what I understand. Don't know
because I've never bought a starforce protected games.

<snip from my other post>
WTF is up with all these racing SIM games using starforce!! How ghey is
it that I've had to skip two recent demos (TOCA 3 and GTR 2) just because
they like to infect users PC with malware. NO THANKS!! I suggest others
customers join suite to get these developers to listen to their customers
and use alternative copy protection systems!

Old July 31st 06, 06:16 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Garrot[_2_]

CMORE wrote:
> I actually just responded to the TOCA 3 thread with this response but wanted
> to create a separate thread since I'm sick of companies that use Starforce.
> I really wanted to try both these demos out but have heard way to many
> horror stories from people that have been victimized by starforce. Granted,
> some of you may not have issues after installing starforce protected games
> I'm completely against manipulating a users PC without their explicit
> consent! Starforce does not disclose this from what I understand. Don't know
> because I've never bought a starforce protected games.
>
> <snip from my other post>
> WTF is up with all these racing SIM games using starforce!! How ghey is
> it that I've had to skip two recent demos (TOCA 3 and GTR 2) just because
> they like to infect users PC with malware. NO THANKS!! I suggest others
> customers join suite to get these developers to listen to their customers
> and use alternative copy protection systems!

GT2 does not use Starforce, GTR and GTL do.
Old July 31st 06, 12:26 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Marni

GTR2 in Special edition with Starforce?
WhyTheFukk dont you read some before you write rubbish nonsense!

. ..

Old July 31st 06, 01:19 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Alanb

"CMORE" > wrote in message
. ..
>I actually just responded to the TOCA 3 thread with this response but
>wanted to create a separate thread since I'm sick of companies that use
>Starforce. I really wanted to try both these demos out but have heard way
>to many horror stories from people that have been victimized by starforce.
>Granted, some of you may not have issues after installing starforce
>protected games I'm completely against manipulating a users PC without
>their explicit consent! Starforce does not disclose this from what I
>understand. Don't know because I've never bought a starforce protected
>games.

If you read up on the GTR2 Demo you couldn't have missed it: starforce has
been abandoned. Now it looks like the crazies are going to say there's
starforce even if there isn't.

Alanb

Old July 31st 06, 05:09 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Mitch_A[_1_]

Your retarded activism has clouded all your other senses... Who gives a
**** that you want to boycott anything??? Maybe you should begin "fasting"
until ALL devs see the light and remove all copy protection. Id bet your
fatass could use a few hours without Doritos anyway...

The REAL victims are the ones that have to hear you idiots whine daily about
how SF broke their PCs (without an instance of fact or truth in the lot)...
Or better yet how insecure SF is, yet these are the same fools that will use
some hacked exe from GCW without a 2nd thought... If you think securerom is
any less of a nuisance youre one deranged mofo...

Maybe you should get a fn job so you can actually PAY for the software you
use.

. ..

Old July 31st 06, 06:19 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Larry[_1_]

StarForce is a valid concern. That is proven.

However, the OP's original post does not help the cause. A little research
would have shown that GTR2 does not use StarForce.

-Larry

y.net...

Old July 31st 06, 09:02 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
CMORE

"CMORE" > wrote in message
. ..
>I actually just responded to the TOCA 3 thread with this response but
>wanted to create a separate thread since I'm sick of companies that use
>Starforce. I really wanted to try both these demos out but have heard way
>to many horror stories from people that have been victimized by starforce.
>Granted, some of you may not have issues after installing starforce
>protected games I'm completely against manipulating a users PC without
>their explicit consent! Starforce does not disclose this from what I
>understand. Don't know because I've never bought a starforce protected
>games.
>
> <snip from my other post>
> WTF is up with all these racing SIM games using starforce!! How ghey is
> it that I've had to skip two recent demos (TOCA 3 and GTR 2) just because
> they like to infect users PC with malware. NO THANKS!! I suggest others
> customers join suite to get these developers to listen to their customers
> and use alternative copy protection systems!

Damn, you people certainly appear to have a few issues yourself with the way
you flew off the handle. Someone apparently missed their meds. Just because
I said I don't approve of SF protection doesn't mean I'm one flew over the
cocos nest. Apparently your all for having software companies tell you what
you can and can't do with your system. Have a nice day sheeple.

Old July 31st 06, 09:25 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Larry[_1_]

Nah. Mitch is just, well, Mitch

-Larry

Old July 31st 06, 09:55 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Garrot[_2_]

Mitch_A wrote:

> The REAL victims are the ones that have to hear you idiots whine daily about
> how SF broke their PCs (without an instance of fact or truth in the lot)...

You are FOS. Read this.

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread....post1029763317
Old July 31st 06, 11:30 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Don[_4_]

" how SF broke their PCs (without an instance of fact or truth in the
lot)... "

This is a flat lie as I know a person who had 2 DVD drives fail before he
found out about SF. He reformatted and installed a 3 rd drive and has had
zero problems since. You can wear blinders and ignore the risk if you want
I've decided to not take the risk.

Don