rFactor Update v1150 Released

Old August 2nd 06, 04:42 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
David G Fisher

Default rFactor Update v1150 Released

http://www.rfactor.net/

http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail...actor%20Update

A lot of good stuff in there. :-)

--
David G Fisher

Old August 2nd 06, 06:55 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Trev B

David G Fisher wrote:
> http://www.rfactor.net/
>
> http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail...actor%20Update
>
> A lot of good stuff in there. :-)

It's not GPL.
Old August 2nd 06, 07:23 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Rod[_2_]

In article >,
says...

> David G Fisher wrote:

http://www.rfactor.net/

> > http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail...actor%20Update
> >
> > A lot of good stuff in there. :-)
> >

> It's not GPL.

Yeah, it's much better!

--
Cheers,
Rod.
Old August 2nd 06, 10:26 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
graycat

"Rod" > wrote in message
. ..
> In article >,
> says...
>
>> David G Fisher wrote:

http://www.rfactor.net/

>> > http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail...actor%20Update
>> >
>> > A lot of good stuff in there. :-)
>> >

>> It's not GPL.

> Yeah, it's much better!
>
> --
> Cheers,
> Rod.

Just downloaded the new rFactor. I agree with the previous poster. It is
still no where near as good as GPL. All you folk who disagree probably
weren't worth a damn at GPL. GPL is hard, the learning curve for GPL is very
steep. There really is no learning curve for rFactor. It is geared for
boneheads. Not to mention the graphics. They suck, compared to GPL, in
rFactor. So, keep trying, there's a long way to go to catch up.

Old August 2nd 06, 11:26 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Steve[_11_]

Just to have a friendly debate

first off, let me say I was an average driver in gpl. mainly did full
length races against the ai, with probably 10 pickup races a week thrown in.
my ranking was -6,25 or there abouts

running gpl with updated graphics can not look as good as rF in dx9 with
everything on max, if your rig can handle it. but then thats just a matter
of opinion.

I remember when n2k3 came out, and it was said that driving the cars was
getting to easy. I think Kreammer said in an interview that it should be.
the more realistic a sim/game is, the easier it should be to drive. I tend
to agree with that. GPL was hard to drive, mainly as discussed in many
places in the sim community, since Kreammer admitted, the tyre physics were
way off. If the tyres, being the most important part of the car, aren't
doing what a lot of drivers feel they should be doing, then the learning
curve is going to be steep. As you have to relearn how to drive in an
un-natural way.

now to follow that arguement. with the years of pc and game physics
difference bwtween gpl and rf, rF should be a lot easier to drive, and the
learning curve not as steep, as you are doing things in the cars as you
would be in real life.

admittedly, rF aint perfect. But if you want perfection in a racing sim,
you'll have to purchase a main-frame computer to handle the data inputs.
but in regards to pure fun factor, and league racing enjoyment and
satisfaction, rF gets me over gpl and n2k3 everytime.

but having said all that, feel quite free to disagree

cheers

steve

Old August 2nd 06, 11:46 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Marni

Your not Santa

Old August 2nd 06, 12:01 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Darus

> Just downloaded the new rFactor. I agree with the previous poster. It is
> still no where near as good as GPL. All you folk who disagree probably
> weren't worth a damn at GPL. GPL is hard, the learning curve for GPL is very
> steep. There really is no learning curve for rFactor. It is geared for
> boneheads. Not to mention the graphics. They suck, compared to GPL, in
> rFactor. So, keep trying, there's a long way to go to catch up.

1. The difficulty of game has ZERO to do with its realism.
2. Ones own ability in a particular sim matters not either. I was a +35
driver in GPL for years (mostly Nurby related) but loved every
frustrating minute of it.
3. The current gfx of rF are AT LEAST on 90% of the ones that are
available for the 6 1/2 y/o GPL. GPL has phenomenal gfx NOW, but not
when it was released. It took a long time for modders to make GPL what
it is today. Assuming rF has a lifespan of similar time, one can only
imagine the possibilities in 6 years.
4. LEt's not overlook the fact the lack of tire heat modeling in GPL. A
lot of "fast" drivers would be in trouble if they had to worry about
smoking the rubber off the car as they turned their 10th hot lap in a
row.

Old August 2nd 06, 12:43 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Woodie83

Darus wrote:

> 4. LEt's not overlook the fact the lack of tire heat modeling in GPL. A
> lot of "fast" drivers would be in trouble if they had to worry about
> smoking the rubber off the car as they turned their 10th hot lap in a
> row.

You must mean tire wear modeling, heat was definitely in there. I had
the exact problem you describe at short tracks like Watkins Glen, and
I'm not a "fast" driver. You ever try the Indianapolis track in GPL?
After five laps, your lap times went up by 3 seconds.

Don McCorkle

Old August 2nd 06, 01:15 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Mr. Sylvestre

Trev B wrote:
> It's not GPL.

Shouldn't that be "it's no GPL" ?

Mr. S.
Old August 2nd 06, 02:13 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
sammy

David G Fisher wrote:
> http://www.rfactor.net/
>
> http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail...actor%20Update