just saw......

Old July 8th 05, 07:47 AM
jim.gm4dhj

Default just saw......

Just saw my first 2005 muzy in the flesh at Glasgow airport, Scotland this
morning...dark blue metalic ,good looking car...I would swop my '66 coupe
for that !...which is more than I would say for the '74 to '94
versions......what a waste of 20years...looks just as easy to design a good
looking car as a bad one.....

Old July 8th 05, 07:49 AM
jim.gm4dhj

sorry I meant to say '74 to '04....30 years!!!

Old July 8th 05, 03:07 PM
D.K.R.

My first car was a used '74 Pintostang with an underwhelming 171 engine.
While it really didn't measure up to the earlier Mustangs, that car has
a soft spot in my heart. It was a good first car that I really treated
poorly. When I was 18 I bought a new '79. I loved that car. Today my
son drives an '80 2-door that we've been working on for the past 4
years. I don't consider these "bad" cars by any stretch of the imagination.

Old July 8th 05, 06:01 PM
SVTKate

"jim.gm4dhj" > wrote in message
: Just saw my first 2005 muzy in the flesh at Glasgow airport, Scotland this
: morning...dark blue metalic ,good looking car...I would swop my '66 coupe
: for that !...which is more than I would say for the '74 to '94
: versions......what a waste of 20years...looks just as easy to design a
good
: looking car as a bad one.....
:

Awwwww c'mon now!
The Fox Notch was as sweet a Mustang as you could ever see..

Now, go wash your mouth out.

Kate
98 Cobra Drop Top.
With a funny little Ford face that only a mother could love.

Old July 8th 05, 06:35 PM
jim.gm4dhj

what a waste of 20years...looks just as easy to design a
> good
> : looking car as a bad one.....
> :
>
> Awwwww c'mon now!
> The Fox Notch was as sweet a Mustang as you could ever see..
>
> Now, go wash your mouth out.
>
> Kate
> 98 Cobra Drop Top.
> With a funny little Ford face that only a mother could love.

no taste...... :~)

Old July 8th 05, 07:10 PM

And thats why your family never left the 'old world' I imagine? taste?

My personal fav Mustang of 71+ would be a 85 GT with T-Tops, in red,
with grey interior (red piping). There are so few nice four-eye examples
around these days... Sigh... I saw a 85 GT convertible (same color
scheme) when I went for groceries the other nite. Now thats a fairly
rare car these days. It was in real nice shape too.

Old July 8th 05, 11:06 PM
jim.gm4dhj

> wrote in message ...
>
> And thats why your family never left the 'old world' I imagine? taste?

Nearly ! did my Grandfather went over worked in Newark NJ just before the
war in '38 told his wife to sell up and come over but then changed his mind
and came home.... shame...

I visted you lot in '79 '84 '02....things appear to be going down hill at
every visit....never mind...

> My personal fav Mustang of 71+ would be a 85 GT with T-Tops, in red, with
> grey interior (red piping). There are so few nice four-eye examples around
> these days... Sigh... I saw a 85 GT convertible (same color scheme) when I
> went for groceries the other nite. Now thats a fairly rare car these days.
> It was in real nice shape too.

Another one with no taste..... :~)

Old July 9th 05, 01:11 AM
SVTKate

"jim.gm4dhj" > wrote
: Another one with no taste..... :~)
:
LOL
but .... it would seem that the general consensus is...
you be wrong kiddo!

;¬Þ Kate

Oh, and.... I personally prefer the SN95 body style. Sleek, sexy... oh yea.

Old July 9th 05, 01:33 AM
Spike

My family lived with your lot in 59-61 - Troon... right next door to
St Andrews... and Prestwick.... Good people but the cars were kinda
sucky... : ) Ford Anglia, Vauxhall, etc....

I do believe that it is a real challenge to actually design and
produce an ugly car.... I'm reminded of the Edsel, Aztec, and a few
others through the intervening years.... considering all the people
who have to be convinced that the public will scoop them up, and the
company is not going to lose any money on them.

Even some Mustang IIs are getting hot....

So, in all those years, and one of the reasons it still exists, there
seems to be something for every taste 'cause people have continued to
buy them.

On Fri, 08 Jul 2005 22:06:55 GMT, "jim.gm4dhj"
> wrote:

> wrote in message ...
>>
>> And thats why your family never left the 'old world' I imagine? taste?

>Nearly ! did my Grandfather went over worked in Newark NJ just before the
>war in '38 told his wife to sell up and come over but then changed his mind
>and came home.... shame...
>
>I visted you lot in '79 '84 '02....things appear to be going down hill at
>every visit....never mind...
>

>> My personal fav Mustang of 71+ would be a 85 GT with T-Tops, in red, with
>> grey interior (red piping). There are so few nice four-eye examples around
>> these days... Sigh... I saw a 85 GT convertible (same color scheme) when I
>> went for groceries the other nite. Now thats a fairly rare car these days.
>> It was in real nice shape too.

>Another one with no taste..... :~)

Spike
Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior; Vintage 40
16" rims w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A gForce Radial
225/50ZR16 KDWS skins; surround sound audio-video.

"When the time comes to lay down my life for my country,
I do not cower from this responsibility. I welcome it."
-JFK Inaugural Address
Old July 9th 05, 07:42 AM
jim.gm4dhj

"Spike" > wrote in message
news
> My family lived with your lot in 59-61 - Troon... right next door to
> St Andrews... and Prestwick....

no taste and no sense of direction !!!

>Good people but the cars were kinda
> sucky... : ) Ford Anglia, Vauxhall, etc....

tell me about it.......

> I do believe that it is a real challenge to actually design and
> produce an ugly car.... I'm reminded of the Edsel, Aztec, and a few
> others through the intervening years.... considering all the people
> who have to be convinced that the public will scoop them up, and the
> company is not going to lose any money on them.
>
> Even some Mustang IIs are getting hot....

never.....!

> So, in all those years, and one of the reasons it still exists, there
> seems to be something for every taste 'cause people have continued to
> buy them.

people with no taste will buy anything !......one of my checks is to ask
people if they think the Jaguar XJ-S was a good looking car....if they say
yes they have no taste...simple......