(More) Bad luck with Quadratec

Old January 23rd 06, 05:04 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Default (More) Bad luck with Quadratec

This is what I was thinking. Work with your credit card company to dispute
the charge if you did not get what you ordered.
Tomes

Old January 24th 06, 01:10 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Thanks for all the replies everyone.
Since Q-Tec has now said they will exchange the CJ7 set for the
Scrambler set if I pay to ship them back. They also couldn't tell me
how long I will be waiting for the correct set. So i told them not to
look for them anytime soon. I understand the sales rep can only do so
much, but i reached my limit with this company. From wrong parts to
poor technical assistance (one guy told me the AMC v8 timing chain only
fit the 304, not a 360 or 401). Sure it cost me a few bucks and some
aggrivation, but i learned a valuable lesson; To avoid Quadratec!
I'll see what my local steel shop can fab for me (they made a hell of a
crossmember for me).

Thanks for the advice!
Don W

Old January 24th 06, 01:10 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Thanks for all the replies everyone.
Since Q-Tec has now said they will exchange the CJ7 set for the
Scrambler set if I pay to ship them back. They also couldn't tell me
how long I will be waiting for the correct set. So i told them not to
look for them anytime soon. I understand the sales rep can only do so
much, but i reached my limit with this company. From wrong parts to
poor technical assistance (one guy told me the AMC v8 timing chain
cover only fit the 304, not a 360 or 401). Sure it cost me a few bucks

Old January 24th 06, 07:38 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Another company shipped me the wrong part once. Once the service
representative figured out what had happened, UPS came to my door to pick it
up. All I had to do was put it back in the original box and tape it up for
them.

Earle

ups.com...

Old January 24th 06, 04:07 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

As I said the other day contact Visa (MasterCharge) and let them fool with
it. If the problems with Quadratec are as bad as it appears on this
newsgroup them the investigation will be very quick.

You are not responsible to pay shipping for THEIR error and it is
unreasonable for them to ask you to.

FWIW
Visa (MasterCard) will (probably) not ask you to return the incorrect parts.
They will rebate the entire Quadratec charge to you and remove that amount
from the next payment to Quadratec.

Old January 24th 06, 04:17 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

And the good thing about doing it this way, is that it teaches Quadratec the
proper way to act next time. This may not benefit you directly, but it
benefits all consumers when vendors are taught to be responsible for their
actions.

Earle

Old January 24th 06, 05:43 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

The requirements for "proof" are quite low. You have a copy of what you
ordered, what you paid for, and the contents of the box you received.

Send a copy of the paperwork and print off a digital pix of what arrived and
mail it to Visa (MasterCharge). They will temporarily remove the charge
from your bill. It may still appear on the bill but be marked as in
dispute. If they rule in your favor it will disappear from the bill.

m...

Old January 24th 06, 07:20 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

and if you're in a really lousy mood, complain to your state consumer
bureau, and the FTC.

my $.02

Old January 24th 06, 09:23 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

They won't do anything, but the credit card company will for sure void the
charge, based on what we have read here. They will say, "Have you tried to
work this out with the vendor yourself?" The original poster will say,
"Yes, but they are pigheaded." Then they will void the charge.

Earle

Old January 25th 06, 01:13 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

I'm wondering how the items were delivered, by USPS or courier? I know USPS
has very strict policies on mail fraud, and majority of companies don't want
to deal with mail fraud allegations.

I live in Canada and have used this threat many times against sellers who
didn't live up to their Ebay commitments, all but one rectified the
problems real fast.

Snow...

"Earle Horton" > wrote in message
m...
> They won't do anything, but the credit card company will for sure void the
> charge, based on what we have read here. They will say, "Have you tried
> work this out with the vendor yourself?" The original poster will say,
> "Yes, but they are pigheaded." Then they will void the charge.
>
> Earle
>
> "Thumbunny" > wrote in message
>> and if you're in a really lousy mood, complain to your state consumer
>> bureau, and the FTC.
>>
>> my $.02
>>
>> "billy ray" > wrote in message
>> > The requirements for "proof" are quite low. You have a copy of what
>> > you
>> > ordered, what you paid for, and the contents of the box you received.
>> >
>> > Send a copy of the paperwork and print off a digital pix of what
>> > arrived
>> > and mail it to Visa (MasterCharge). They will temporarily remove the
>> > charge from your bill. It may still appear on the bill but be marked
>> > as
>> > in dispute. If they rule in your favor it will disappear from the
>> > bill.
>> >

>> > "Earle Horton" > wrote in message
>> > m...

> Quadratec

> me

> so

> some

> of

Anyone had luck with Ford Customer Service? Luchini Ford Explorer 4 November 1st 05 12:03 AM
Just my fecking luck !!!! Domestos Alfa Romeo 10 September 13th 05 01:17 PM
Dumb Luck Coasty Jeep 0 June 11th 05 11:24 AM
Good Luck Florida Corvette Owners Tom in Missouri Corvette 4 September 4th 04 05:10 PM