((OT)) Electronics (electrical) Problem

Old May 31st 07, 02:36 AM posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Spdloader

Default Further off topic

Doug, in reference to your link, there was a "revbeergoggles" over on the
Venture Motorcycle group I used to be a member of. Same guy?
Spdloader

Old May 31st 07, 02:52 AM posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
DougW

Spdloader wrote:
> Doug, in reference to your link, there was a "revbeergoggles" over on
> the Venture Motorcycle group I used to be a member of. Same guy?

nope.

Got that moniker over in alt.slack

--
DougW

Old May 31st 07, 03:47 AM posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Spdloader

"DougW" > wrote in message
> Spdloader wrote:
>> Doug, in reference to your link, there was a "revbeergoggles" over on
>> the Venture Motorcycle group I used to be a member of. Same guy?

> nope.
>
> Got that moniker over in alt.slack
>
> --
> DougW

It's a good one. He was a great guy from what I remember.

Later,
Spdloader

Old May 31st 07, 10:49 AM posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Old Crow

Default ((OT)) Electronics (electrical) Problem = SnoMan the Stalker!

On Wed, 30 May 2007 20:30:45 -0400, Mike Romain >
wrote:

>Internet Stalkers are not cool these days as mentioned before or 'Why
>Lord can't I at least get a halfway intelligent stalker not some brain
>dead asshole'????

Because if he was halfway intelligent instead of brain dead, he
wouldn't be a stalker?

You're welcome, my son. :-)
--
Old Crow "Yol Bolsun!"
'82 FLTC-P "Miss Pearl"

Old May 31st 07, 01:14 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
SnoMan

Default ((OT)) Electronics (electrical) Problem

On Thu, 31 May 2007 00:34:27 GMT, "Jeff Strickland"
> wrote:

>This one has lived for 11 years outside in the garden. It's mounted inside a
>box, but it is still a relativley hostile environment for this sort of
>stuff. There are bugs living in the box that the transformer lives in. The
>light uses 250W, which makes lots of heat -- a Suzy Home Maker Kitchen is
>safer to use -- so it needs large holes to draw air through.

I understand that but what limits the transformers operational temp
limit is the nature of its winding insulation. Most transformer
suitable for outside usage have moisture resist insulation and can
take a pretty serious amount of heat for a lot of years. ALso, sine
this it a low voltage output transformer it is even less prone to fail
from age if properly sized because of less demand on insulation and
the wall voltage insulation is well prtectec because it is the first
winding placed on the core. I actually wound a few transformers many
years ago for some hobby builds to get the desired voltage from them.
They operate on a very simple theory and are extremely relaible. Like
I said when one goes south you will know it by its appearance or odor
generally.
-----------------
TheSnoMan.com
Old May 31st 07, 01:28 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
SnoMan

wrote:

>Listen you insane lying brain dead stalker twerp, 'his' light box is in
>a planter and the one I did is behind the 220 panel for the pool motors
>sitting right below the light box.

Such a child, I do not carr where bulb is. There is a reason for code
and why there as codes for using lower voltages unless you get wannabe
smart guys like you that decides that code does not mean squat and
changes it. It is bad enough you do this to your own stuff but to do
it to others and tell others to do it to show a real desrepect for
safety codes.

>The light box is a 120V unit with the spin motor running on line voltage
>and a stepdown transformer to give the 'light' only 12 or 24 volts.

There is a difference between a motor that delevopes no voltage output
and transformered curcuit. Maybe everyone else that designs this stuff
and their safty codes is full of it and you should take over for them
huh?

>Now once again go screw yourself!

If is so much fun to watch you screw yourself MIke. You are your own
worst enemy sometimes.

>Internet Stalkers are not cool these days as mentioned before or 'Why
>Lord can't I at least get a halfway intelligent stalker not some brain
>dead asshole'????

Again it is funny to watch your comments sometimes as you act like a
child

>Mike
>86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG Muds, 'glass nose to tail in '00
>88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's
>Canadian Off Road Trips Photos: Non members can still view!

Typical ego signature and serves no purpose other than to try to feed
ego. BTW you left of your 5 speed with 4 usable gears because of your
tall ratio "power" gears you use with big tires. (I guess this is why
you got in a bit of a twist over low range usage a while back
becaause you have never had a properly geared 4x4 that did not require
frequent use of it and just could not understand why anyone would not
need to use it often like you have too.)

-----------------
TheSnoMan.com
Old May 31st 07, 03:15 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Mike Romain

Default ((OT)) Electronics (electrical) Problem = SnoMan the lying Stalker!

SnoMan wrote:
> On Wed, 30 May 2007 20:30:45 -0400, Mike Romain >
> wrote:
>
>> Listen you insane lying brain dead stalker twerp, 'his' light box is in
>> a planter and the one I did is behind the 220 panel for the pool motors
>> sitting right below the light box.

> Such a child, I do not carr where bulb is. There is a reason for code
> and why there as codes for using lower voltages unless you get wannabe
> smart guys like you that decides that code does not mean squat and
> changes it. It is bad enough you do this to your own stuff but to do
> it to others and tell others to do it to show a real desrepect for
> safety codes.

LIAR!

The fiber optic light boxes have a full 120 volts going into them, there
is 'no' building code that prohibits that at all. Yes, I 'do' know this
for a fact, it is my job to know.

Once again you have proven yourself a liar and a Stalking idiot just
full of bull****.

And seeing as you 'do' want to play, how would you like me to do a
collection of all your total bull**** and life threatening advise and
add 'that' to every one of your posts for ya.

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's
Old May 31st 07, 09:11 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Lee Ayrton

On Wed, 30 May 2007, Jeff Strickland wrote:

[snip]

> Where I got sideways is that the filiment LOOKS okay, so I checked it with my
> meter and it checked good too. As I explained in another post, I either
> operated my meter wrong, or it's broken. (I'm inclined to go with "wrong" for
> now. Don't ask ... )

This has happened to me and I work with lights for a living. Here's what
could have happened: The filament broke near the connection point. When
you put your meter on it the fliament flopped back into place and the
meter showed continuity. When you put it back into the socket it didn't
work -- either because the motion opened up the gap again or because the
heat generated when you aplied voltage expanded the metal and opened up
the gap. It tests OK, your meter works, but the bulb is bad. I've even
seen sparks jumping across the gap wen you apply power to globes like
that.

A related error can happen with cartridge fuses -- they can blow and still
carry the milliamp or so of current that the meter puts out, so they test
OK. But there's not enough conducting material there to carry real
current and under load you have an open circuit.

--
"We began to realize, as we plowed on with the destruction of New Jersey,
that the extent of our American lunatic fringe had been underestimated."

Old May 31st 07, 09:33 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Matt Macchiarolo

I'll say again, Bloman, ALL of my pool lighting is 120V, professionally
installed, passed inspection and conforms with code.

No electrical code forbids full line voltage in wet areas or requires
low-voltage circuits in wet areas instead of line voltage. If it did, my
pool pumps would operate on 12 volts and require twenty times as much
current as they do now, which would be very dangerous. Code provides for the
wet areas by requiring GFCI's and conduit rated for wet areas.

Time to re-join the real world and leave this fantasy world you live in
where you are always right and anyone that disagrees with you is wrong.

Yes, you are now in my killfile, but you are so spectacularly wrong on your
assumption (that you present as fact) that code requires low-voltage wiring
for pools, I had to respond.

ng.com...

Old June 1st 07, 06:29 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Bruce L. Bergman

wrote:

>Internet Stalkers are not cool these days as mentioned before or 'Why
>Lord can't I at least get a halfway intelligent stalker not some brain
>dead asshole'????

Remember that old saw of "You can choose your friends, but you can't
choose your relatives?" Add Cyber-Stalkers to the second column.

And as a working Electrician, you are doing nothing wrong. Fiber-
optic illuminators are often chosen directly for the increased safety
benefits.

Now if you had one of the rigs with a 12V or 24V low-voltage lamp
*underwater* in the pool, and tried to convert it to line voltage
without changing to the proper fixture and wet-niche (and bonding, and
GFCI protection, and clearance from the pool edge to the 'deck box'
junction box, and height of deck box above waterline...) there would
be problems.

--<< Bruce >>--