(OT or not) Worst time finding a problem

Old July 18th 07, 09:35 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Jon[_4_]

Default (OT or not) Worst time finding a problem

I'll start off by saying that this forum's archive can be a great
technical resource -- most recently for me a crank sensor issue this
past weekend....but the CJ5 misfire post reminded me of a doozie of a
problem I had a few years back...

Now, we've all got stories about breaking parts, getting stuck, and
"upgrades" that didn't go quite as planned, but -- given the fact that
a lot of projects are handed around -- I'd like to hear about the most
difficult time you had chasing down a problem, Jeep or not, and
whether it's caused by the crazy cobbler factor or not.

Jon

Old July 18th 07, 09:47 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
L.W. \(Bill\) Hughes III[_691_]

Customer told me had just replaced the spark plugs, and I believe him
enough not to double check. They were so bad the Pinto wouldn't start for my
oscilloscope.
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/oscilloscope.jpg

ups.com...

Old July 19th 07, 01:09 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Claude Horribly

> Customer told me had just replaced the spark plugs, and I believe him
> enough not to double check. They were so bad the Pinto wouldn't start for my
> oscilloscope.

That's IT, gas jockey?

THAT was difficult?

Well, it probably was the ultra high-tech Pinto that threw you off.

Well, at least you got to mention your oscilloscope again.....

Psychopath.

Old July 19th 07, 01:21 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
L.W. \(Bill\) Hughes III[_695_]

This from the biggest loser of them all! The jealous, really jealous, I
can't believe how jealous this little draft dodging coward schizophrenic
psychopath liar hiding in Vancouver via S0106000ea6ba70e7.vn.shawcable.net
24.86.24.251 who's only way to get attention is to make
a fool of its self. With an obsession with perverts and goats, where it
writes via remailers, and cross posts to other perverts to no one's
surprise. With extreme jealous ranting over my documents, possessions,
successes, manliness and fine, Southern California surfing body, beard, and
loving family. Committing forgery over many of my posts, proving I'm a
responsible American man. You remind me of a little rat dog, like a Mexican
Chiwawa with its senseless barking, me too, me too. You're even more senile
than I first thought. And the poor thing, you're too girlie to take
responsibility for yourself again, by signing your statement like a man.
That really thinks the group's members are so stupid not to know it's
the same coward, posting over and over again using a schizophrenic
psychopath forged up names?
You're not worth any more time when a cut and paste this same
paragraphs it fits so well!
But, now worth a forwarding to:
,
, , , ,
for forgery.
Who said it also likes baby monkeys sucking their penis, like his buddy
posted on an auto picture group at:

I thought this traitor's attacks were just over personal disagreements,
but in reality these attacks stemming from my love of God and America on
Independents Week, I realized you are actually attacking my country, and
that's what you've been doing all along is declaring your hatred for the
United States of America, with each declaration of my signature, but just
too cowardly and stupid to be a terrorist. It's America, love it, or leave
it, so keep the f*ck out!
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old July 19th 07, 02:47 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
L.W. \(Bill\) Hughes III[_698_]

There you go again, the little Psychopath, jealous, REALLY JEALOUS,
over the fact that I once own a '37 Lasalle, ranting over my documents,
possessions, successes, manliness, Super Southern California surfing body,
family, and name. What a jealous little draft dodging senile coward from
Navarre, Florida, that of course, doesn't have a DD214, it had to have
served our country for that. Who's only way to get attention is to make a
fool of its self, with its goat obsession/fetish, where it writes via
remailers, to no one's surprise. Like when the other kids laughed at its
attempt to use foul language in elementary school play grounds, but its just
gibberish. Too senile to remember what he last wrote, like the rest of
Florida. You remind me of a little rat dog, like a Mexican Chiwawa with its
senseless barking it's rabid head off, me too, me too. And is too afraid to
use your name, address, or even sign your statement as any man would,
totally worthless!
Posted pornography at:
As a member of the moral majority I know what porn is when I see it!
But now worth the time to forward this low life to: ,
, , , ,
for forgery.
I thought your attacks were just personal disagreements, but with
passing of my country's Independents Day, I realize these attacks are
stemming from my love of God and America, and that's what you've been doing
all along is declaring your hatred for the United States of America, with
each declaration of my signature, but just too cowardly to be a terrorist.
It's America, love it, or leave it, so get the f*ck out!
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O Nothing as usual.
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old July 19th 07, 03:17 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
L.W. \(Bill\) Hughes III[_701_]

Old July 19th 07, 06:29 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Carl S

Once spent about 2hrs in the mall parking lot trying to figure out why my 76
Dodge Aspen SE Coupe wouldn't start turn over. Had the 318/904/8.25 combo.
After ripping the car apart. I decided it was time to pull the starter and
walk a few miles to the auto parts store, but I needed a break first. I sat
down and slammed the steering wheel in desperation. It was then that I
noticed the shifter was in 'D'. Put it in 'P', fired the motor and away I
went.

Carl

ups.com...

Old July 19th 07, 02:56 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Raptor

"Carl S" > wrote in message
. ..
> Once spent about 2hrs in the mall parking lot trying to figure out why my
> 76 Dodge Aspen SE Coupe wouldn't start turn over. Had the 318/904/8.25
> combo. After ripping the car apart. I decided it was time to pull the
> starter and walk a few miles to the auto parts store, but I needed a break
> first. I sat down and slammed the steering wheel in desperation. It was
> then that I noticed the shifter was in 'D'. Put it in 'P', fired the motor
> and away I went.
>
> Carl

I hate to say it, but I did nearly the same thing as you did, only it was in
my 1983 Camaro. I didn't get anything really pulled apart though other than
superficial things(cap, wire, ect..).

Old July 19th 07, 04:14 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
XS11E[_3_]

"Carl S" > wrote:

> Once spent about 2hrs in the mall parking lot trying to figure out
> why my 76 Dodge Aspen SE Coupe wouldn't start turn over. Had the
> 318/904/8.25 combo. After ripping the car apart. I decided it was
> time to pull the starter and walk a few miles to the auto parts
> store, but I needed a break first. I sat down and slammed the
> steering wheel in desperation. It was then that I noticed the
> shifter was in 'D'. Put it in 'P', fired the motor and away I
> went.

We've all done something similar, you're a brave man to admit it!

I've done equally dumb things more than once but my favorite is a
friend who bought a new bass boat, gathered up family and friends and
trailered it to a nearby lake, launched it and found it wouldn't start.
He tried everything he could think of, even took the battery out of his
truck to try in the boat, no luck.

He finally took the boat out of the water, trailered it back home and
begain trying to fix it when a friend came over, put the boat in
neutral and it instantly started...... ;-)

Old July 19th 07, 09:50 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
L.W. \(Bill\) Hughes III[_733_]

It happens often enough to cause a habit of reaching over the wheel with
my left hand to jiggle the column shift.
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

. ..