'98 ZJ Shocks - Need Recommendation

Old November 4th 05, 02:39 PM
Steve Landis

Default '98 ZJ Shocks - Need Recommendation

Time to replace original shocks on the wife's ZJ, overdue actually.
Rarely off road, but need to run around the family farm from time to
time. Any recommendations?

Thanks,
Steve
95 YJ
98 ZJ
Old November 4th 05, 06:14 PM
4X4PLAY

When I lifted my '95 ZJ I put in the Skyjacker Nitros and the ride is
amazing...had I known there would be that much difference I would have
replaced them years ago...nice firm ride! I highly recommend them...they
were recommended to me because they are made to take a heavy vehicle and was
told I would not like them in my TJ...

Jeff

Old November 4th 05, 08:19 PM
DougW

Steve Landis did pass the time by typing:
> Time to replace original shocks on the wife's ZJ, overdue actually.
> Rarely off road, but need to run around the family farm from time to
> time. Any recommendations?

Edelbrock IAS work for me. Although my next set will probably
be RS-9000 or similar adjustable.

--
DougW

Old November 5th 05, 01:29 AM
Lon

DougW proclaimed:

> Steve Landis did pass the time by typing:
>
>>Time to replace original shocks on the wife's ZJ, overdue actually.
>>Rarely off road, but need to run around the family farm from time to
>>time. Any recommendations?

> Edelbrock IAS work for me. Although my next set will probably
> be RS-9000 or similar adjustable.

Are you fond of british sports cars? The old ones where
springs were a non-available option? I keep considering
going the other way.
Old November 5th 05, 03:32 PM
Steve Landis

DougW wrote:
> Steve Landis did pass the time by typing:
>
>>Time to replace original shocks on the wife's ZJ, overdue actually.
>>Rarely off road, but need to run around the family farm from time to
>>time. Any recommendations?

> Edelbrock IAS work for me. Although my next set will probably
> be RS-9000 or similar adjustable.

Any sources for good pricing on the IAS. So far I've found $72 ea.

Steve

Old November 5th 05, 06:49 PM
DougW

Steve Landis did pass the time by typing:
> DougW wrote:
>> Steve Landis did pass the time by typing:
>>
>>> Time to replace original shocks on the wife's ZJ, overdue actually.
>>> Rarely off road, but need to run around the family farm from time to
>>> time. Any recommendations?

>> Edelbrock IAS work for me. Although my next set will probably
>> be RS-9000 or similar adjustable.

> Any sources for good pricing on the IAS. So far I've found $72 ea.

4wheel parts usually have a buy3 get one free thingy every now and
then. Haven't looked at the latest sales flyer.
http://www.shockwarehouse.com has them for $73 but right now that's
the best I can find... :/

Froogle isn't doing much better.
<http://froogle.google.com/froogle?btnG=Search+Froogle&q=edelbrock+IAS+grand+ cherokee&show=dd&scoring=p>

Actually 4wheelparts.com has the Pro Comp ES3000 (4 shocks)
on sale with a stabilizer for $135.99 Don't have any experience
with them though.

--
DougW

Old November 5th 05, 11:05 PM
Lon

Steve Landis proclaimed:

> DougW wrote:
>
>> Steve Landis did pass the time by typing:
>>
>>> Time to replace original shocks on the wife's ZJ, overdue actually.
>>> Rarely off road, but need to run around the family farm from time to
>>> time. Any recommendations?

>> Edelbrock IAS work for me. Although my next set will probably
>> be RS-9000 or similar adjustable.

> Any sources for good pricing on the IAS. So far I've found $72 ea.

Go down to your local 4wheelparts store [or hit their website] and
get on their adventure mag/advert list. Every now and then they
run the IAS and/or a coupla the Ranchos on a 4 for price of 3 sale.
Old November 7th 05, 02:04 AM
Steve Landis

Just Taylor wrote:
> On Fri, 04 Nov 2005 09:39:12 -0500, Steve Landis
> <sdotlandis@comcastdotnet> wrote:
>

>>Time to replace original shocks on the wife's ZJ, overdue actually.
>>Rarely off road, but need to run around the family farm from time to
>>time. Any recommendations?

> I ran Bilstein's with my '96 ZJ and the ride was extra stiff... off-road
> was even worse at slower speeds. You really had to push the Jeep in
> order to over-come the stiffness.
>
> I was running Edlebrock IAS shocks on my '98 XJ, very soft. It felt
> like it was bottoming out a lot. When I put a lift on just recently I
> went with Rancho RS9000's and have no complaints with those.
>
> You can dial in stiff or soft whenever you want and now that they run
> around $100 a shock, they are a pretty good deal...

Anybody using Tokico Trek Master R/T's ?
http://www.tokicogasshocks.com/truck/truck.html

Steve
Old November 7th 05, 03:42 AM
Billy Ray

Tokico's guarantee specifically exempts vehicles used off-road.

"2. Exclusions from Warranty Coverage. The warranty does not apply outside
of the United States and Canada or to any units which (1) have been
improperly installed or installed on vehicles for which they were not
designed, (2) have been modified, altered or subjected to misuse, negligence
or accident on the vehicle on which installed, (3) are operated
commercially, off-the-highway or for racing or (4) installed on excessively
lowered vehicles."

--
(remove SPAM)
2002 Jeep WJ 4 Liter Automatic

Old November 7th 05, 01:31 PM
Steve Landis

Billy Ray wrote:
> Tokico's guarantee specifically exempts vehicles used off-road.
>

> "2. Exclusions from Warranty Coverage. The warranty does not apply outside
> of the United States and Canada or to any units which (1) have been
> improperly installed or installed on vehicles for which they were not
> designed, (2) have been modified, altered or subjected to misuse, negligence
> or accident on the vehicle on which installed, (3) are operated
> commercially, off-the-highway or for racing or (4) installed on excessively
> lowered vehicles."

I guess I could have read a little further. Thanks

Lazy

Grand Cherokee with KYB shocks nathantw Jeep 5 October 6th 05 12:44 PM
Self-leveling Shocks vs. Gas Shocks Scott BMW 6 September 14th 05 07:57 AM
noisy shocks? northstar Ford Explorer 5 July 13th 05 06:20 PM
Monroe Shocks for 2000 JGC / Sensatrac or Reflex ?? Joe Jeep 1 June 20th 05 03:12 AM
2003 Ford Ranger Shocks and Tire Cupping Helvis Technology 7 February 27th 05 06:44 AM