'99 TJ missing

Old December 10th 06, 09:28 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Default '99 TJ missing

Only when it's cold it does this, after starting and your driving down
the street it starts to miss or has no power, if I play with the gas
pedal after a very short time it's okay, but if I'm get caught at a
light my rpm's really drop. If after starting I let it run awhile it
never does this.

Old December 10th 06, 10:28 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Mike Romain

That can be a symptom of a dirty connection on the TPS. I clean the
connection with a spray contact cleaner and am usually good for another
year or two.

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's

Old December 11th 06, 02:28 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
DougW

bluegl1800trike wrote:
> Only when it's cold it does this, after starting and your driving down
> the street it starts to miss or has no power, if I play with the gas
> pedal after a very short time it's okay, but if I'm get caught at a
> light my rpm's really drop. If after starting I let it run awhile it
> never does this.

Let's start with the IAC (Idle air control) If that is sticking it will
cause a very low idle. Although it doesn't cause misses or sags. That's
more timing or spark. Easy thing first.

Grab a can of TB cleaner that's safe for O2 sensors, disconnect the
air horn, and with the engine running, warm, spray into the idle air
passage. With the engine off, spray around the body and the butterfly
(a toothbrush works well to clean the sides. Then restart and spray
it a bit more to clear off all the gunk.
http://revbeergoggles.com/tb/tb.html

You will also want to disconnect, clean, and put a bit of dielectric grease
on all the connectors. Engine temp, CamPS, CrankPS, idle air motor, and
throttle position sensor. Sometimes simply disconnecting a sensor
and reconnecting it wipes any corrosion from the contacts. Plus you get
a chance to eyeball the connector for any problems.

--
DougW

brake sensor missing front wheel psgr side avinator BMW 11 June 9th 06 05:35 PM
Bus missing ubergoober VW air cooled 4 January 3rd 06 06:25 AM
Bus missing ubergoober VW air cooled 0 January 2nd 06 02:08 AM
What's with missing grills? [email protected] Ford Mustang 19 August 14th 05 10:15 PM
missing wheel nut adaptors John Brunt Alfa Romeo 7 October 20th 04 10:21 PM