Stick shift for Mercedes Benz transmission.

Old January 21st 08, 07:32 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Banned

Default Stick shift for Mercedes Benz transmission.

Anybody know where I can find one that will fit on my 1960s era Mercedes
Benz four cylinder engine's (I bought the engine from J.C.Whitney back
in the 1970s) column shift style transmission.The kind of a top plate
stick shift to replace the two levers top plate that is already on
there? At a cheap price, hopefully.

I have some old Ford T Model frames and axels and wheels and some other
parts, also a 1928 Chevrolet frame with the front and rear axels and
steering column and springs.I was thinking about building something
simiar to an old Mercer Raceabout car.
cuhulin

Old January 22nd 08, 09:46 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
N8N

On Jan 21, 2:32*pm, wrote:
> Anybody know where I can find one that will fit on my 1960s era Mercedes
> Benz four cylinder engine's (I bought the engine from J.C.Whitney back
> in the 1970s) column shift style transmission.The kind of a top plate
> stick shift to replace the two levers top plate that is already on
> there? At a cheap price, hopefully.
>
> I have some old Ford T Model frames and axels and wheels and some other
> parts, also a 1928 Chevrolet frame with the front and rear axels and
> steering column and springs.I was thinking about building something
> simiar to an old Mercer Raceabout car.
> cuhulin * *

have you tried looking in a junkyard to see if you could find a floor
shift? I know that by the late 60's M-B was using floor shift four
speeds, although they pretty quickly disappeared from the US market.
I have no idea if those were the same basic transmission as what you
have or not.

nate
Old January 22nd 08, 10:47 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Banned

There is a local Mercedes Benz new car dealership in this city.There is
also a guy who works on older model Mercedes Benz cars in another city
near me.I haden't thought to check with him.I will phone him
tomorrow.Back in the early 20th century, about 100 years ago, Steinway
(of piano fame) was building Mercedes Benz cars and trucks in New
York.And FIAT was building cars in New York too.
cuhulin

stick shift [email protected] Driving 5 August 27th 07 08:57 PM
Stick shift loose SQ Technology 0 June 1st 06 06:23 PM
Transmission Identification- 1976 Mercedes Benz 280C Coupe MC1 Antique cars 2 February 3rd 06 05:53 AM
shift stick problem jasmine23 Honda 1 September 3rd 05 06:45 PM
Stick shift stiff Skippy55 Honda 3 May 4th 05 05:46 PM