1996 Chrysler Cirrus - Check engine light on and battery light on - HELP....

Old December 22nd 05, 02:41 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Default 1996 Chrysler Cirrus - Check engine light on and battery light on - HELP....

My check engine light is on and the battery light is also on. I have
had nothing but problems with this vehicle since I purchased it. It
has had four air conditioner compressors replaced to date.
NOW, my new problem is: check engine light is on - the machine code
states to replace computer, I took it to the chrysler dealer and they
will not touch it! Battery light came on at the same time - voltage
is fine?
The car is very difficult to start and the gas mileage is horrible.

Can someone please help?

Old December 22nd 05, 03:14 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

What codes are you getting?

Old December 22nd 05, 04:07 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

dotsdave wrote:
> What codes are you getting?

I am not certain what they were, but one mechanic stated the computer
needed to be wiped out. I took it to the dealer and they would not
touch it?
I have been driving it for months now but need to get it fixed. I did
changed a temperature sensor on the engine, which one thought might be
the problem because my temp gauge will not move as well.
I am desperate for assist.
Thank you

Old December 22nd 05, 04:12 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

I FOUND THE CODES: PO117, P1493, P0645, P1698, P1695

Old December 23rd 05, 01:13 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

> wrote in message
ups.com...
>I FOUND THE CODES: PO117, P1493, P0645, P1698, P1695

P0117: Engine coolant temp circuit low input
P0645: A/C Clutch Relay Control Circuit
P1493: Ambient Temp Sensor Low
P1695: Manufacturer Control Aux Inputs / Aux Outputs
P1698: No ETAX CCD Messages

Old December 23rd 05, 04:36 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

I need some help in knowing what I can do to try and get the check
engine and battery light off. I have listed the codes above but not
sure what I should do?? Does anyone have any knowledge of this
problem.

Thank you

Old December 25th 05, 07:55 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

i can! in michigan????