grabbing when backing up

Old October 11th 06, 03:44 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

Default grabbing when backing up

I'm hoping someone could help, because I got ripped off twice by a
service station that said they'd fixed things, only to have the problem
crop up again a few miles later.

A lot of the time when I'm backing up, or less frequently when I'm at a
stop, I'll feel what seems like the brakes grabbing or pulsing under my
foot. I'm not sure it's the brakes -- it could be something else in the
front end.

The check engine light has also been coming on occasionally, but going
off before I can take it somewhere to get diagnosed.

Any ideas?

Old October 11th 06, 04:00 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Ken[_3_]

Need more information please.
What year make and model car?
Automatic or standard transmission?
How many miles?
When you feel the pulsation under your foot is it while applying the
brake?
Does it occur when you are stopped or while you are coming to a stop?
What did the service station perform the two times you "got ripped
off"? (Be specific)
Does it occur while turning left or right or both?
When applying the brake at high speeds does it pulsate then too?

Backing Up GPL to DVD BRH Simulators 4 August 15th 06 02:00 AM
Brake backing plate question on my 66 Mike West VW air cooled 3 December 17th 05 02:46 AM
01 GLX Carbio - popping sound while turning and backing after new rack, tie rods and ends cstoddard VW water cooled 2 November 5th 05 07:45 AM
fender flare backing plate xj TF Jeep 2 September 9th 05 12:34 AM
backing up downhill with the first gear acuario Technology 6 August 21st 05 04:00 PM