Thank An Enviromentalist / Democrat

Old April 28th 06, 11:54 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

Default Thank An Enviromentalist / Democrat

If you like the price of fuel today, thank an environmentalist and the
democrats that support them for:

1) failure to drill ANWR

2) failure to drill offshore

3) failure to build refineries in this country

4) trumping up a bunch of nonsense about nuclear power that has precluded its
development

5) trumping up a bunch of nonsense about nuclear waste disposal that has
precluded nuclear power development

6) opposing wind farms off Nantucket

7) opposing wind farms in some areas that have birds and bats

8) opposing the construction of new roads to move traffic more efficiently

9) oppose the construction of needed power lines to distribute electrical power
in California, Arizona, and other places.

Pretty much everything they can to muck up progress.

Democrats think they're going to get some kind of support because the gas
prices are high? Not likely - we all know who's fault it is - those people
that have made it impossible to produce and distribute the needed amount of
fuel, and produce it here in this country.

Want the situation to improve. Then don't support those who support
obstructionism.

Want improvement? Support:

1) Drilling for oil with the only criterion being that oil is present there.

2) Building refineries in this country wherever anyone is willing to finance
the construction

3) Ignoring the scare-mongering and build nuclear power stations wherever
someone is willing to pay for it

4) Building roads wherever a cost-benefit analysis shows it to be a good idea

5) Building power transmission lines wherever any company thinks that they can
make a profit by doing so

6) Building wind farms wherever the wind makes it economically viable to do so.

Dave Head
Old April 29th 06, 12:15 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

In article >, Dave Head wrote:
> If you like the price of fuel today, thank an environmentalist and the
> democrats that support them for:
>
> 1) failure to drill ANWR

Drop in the bucket.

> 2) failure to drill offshore

A real issue. However extraction costs in the middle east are so cheap,
especially when the US taxpayer pays the bills for the wars that big
oil's interest is probably minimal at best. Just like the vast reserves
in other nations in the americas go mostly untapped, because it's more
expensive than middle east oil to extract, but still very profitable.

> 3) failure to build refineries in this country

Big oil bought independents and closed them. Big oil uses regulation and
politics as market protection that keeps others from entering the
refinery business.

> 4) trumping up a bunch of nonsense about nuclear power that has precluded its
> development

true, but the republicans are for the status quo as well.

> 5) trumping up a bunch of nonsense about nuclear waste disposal that has
> precluded nuclear power development

See above.

> 6) opposing wind farms off Nantucket

Because environmentalism is about controling the supply of energy, about
controling the people. It is the same as 'peak oil' which is used by the
other wing of the single effective party for the same purpose. Wind
power was supported so long as it was pie in the sky. Now that it is a
reality, something that actually works well enough for people to invest
in, they had to switch to opposing it.

> 7) opposing wind farms in some areas that have birds and bats

See 6) above.

> 8) opposing the construction of new roads to move traffic more efficiently

Don't forget the cul-da-sac style development. I spent the afternoon
trying to find a way to my new job via mostly residential streets and
kept running into culdasacs. Didn't find a way through. (yes the map
showed them, but with a bicycle sometimes there is a way through that
isn't on maps, the only way to find out is to look in person)

> 9) oppose the construction of needed power lines to distribute electrical power
> in California, Arizona, and other places.

See 6) above.

> Democrats think they're going to get some kind of support because the gas
> prices are high? Not likely - we all know who's fault it is - those people
> that have made it impossible to produce and distribute the needed amount of
> fuel, and produce it here in this country.

What is at fault here is limited refinery capacity which was the plan of
the oil companies since the 1990s plus the unstable conditions that GWB
seems to enjoy poking with a stick. What did happen when the democrats
had the white house of course is allowing further consolidation of oil
companies that helped their plan considerably.

> Want the situation to improve. Then don't support those who support
> obstructionism.

The republicans now control congress and the executive branch and have
done so for some time, yet, no change. Because there are just surface
differences for show. If you want progress in any direction that
benefits the people both of these parties need to be removed from
government.

Old April 29th 06, 12:16 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

Dave Head wrote:

> 3) failure to build refineries in this country

Drink the Kool Aid!

It has been shown that refiners have halted production to keep supplies
low. Talk radio blather aside, of course.

Nuclear power? NIMBYs come in all sorts of colors, including red.
Seen it with my own eyes.

Don't worry - the GOP is damn glad you can't think for yourself.

E.P.

Old April 29th 06, 12:37 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

In article .com>, Ed Pirrero wrote:

> Dave Head wrote:
>>

>> 3) failure to build refineries in this country

> Drink the Kool Aid!
>
> It has been shown that refiners have halted production to keep supplies
> low. Talk radio blather aside, of course.
>
> Nuclear power? NIMBYs come in all sorts of colors, including red.
> Seen it with my own eyes.

So you agree with me. That makes you a kook too.

Old April 29th 06, 12:55 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

"Dave Head" > wrote
> 5) trumping up a bunch of nonsense about nuclear waste disposal that has
> precluded nuclear power development

Actually, it's the republican controlled Nevada government and it's mostly
republican congressional delegation that have stalled the waste disposal for
high-level waste.

> 9) oppose the construction of needed power lines to distribute electrical
> power
> in California, Arizona, and other places.

Actually, it's the deregulation of the power industry backed by republican
business interests (note Enron) that caused inadequate investment in
capacity, both of supply and transmission, that has caused all the blackouts
in the last several years.

FloydR

Old April 29th 06, 01:49 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

Brent P wrote:
> In article .com>, Ed Pirrero wrote:
> >
> > Dave Head wrote:
> >>

> >> 3) failure to build refineries in this country

> > Drink the Kool Aid!
> >
> > It has been shown that refiners have halted production to keep supplies
> > low. Talk radio blather aside, of course.
> >
> > Nuclear power? NIMBYs come in all sorts of colors, including red.
> > Seen it with my own eyes.

> So you agree with me. That makes you a kook too.

Uhhh, non sequitur.

Just because I think you've lost your mind on the USSC doesn't mean I
agree or disagree with you on any other issue.

We're not all the same, ya know!

E.P.

Old April 29th 06, 03:53 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

Thank Bush for making today's Iraq an *importer* of oil. Saddam's
Iraq was, of course, a major producer.

Old April 29th 06, 05:09 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

On Fri, 28 Apr 2006 16:55:16 -0700, "Floyd Rogers"
> wrote:

>Actually, it's the deregulation of the power industry backed by republican
>business interests (note Enron) that caused inadequate investment in

You liberals are amazingly blind. Enron gave 3 times as much money to
the dems as the repubs.

*************************
Dave
Old April 29th 06, 05:28 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

Dave Head wrote:

> If you like the price of fuel today, thank an environmentalist and the
> democrats that support them for:

< snip >

> 5) trumping up a bunch of nonsense about nuclear waste disposal that has
> precluded nuclear power development

Interest in nuclear power waned after TMI because the *utilities* are risk averse.
In short, the power generators didn't want nuclear any more.

Graham

Old April 29th 06, 07:13 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

Dave **** Head wrote:

> Want improvement? Support:
> [garbage snip]

Improvement can only be made if people like you dig a hole in the
ground and bury themselves. The environment would be far much a
heathier place without idot like you. So, you're proposing a solution
by going further into the direction that has brought destruction in the
first place? Even if the AK drilling takes place today, it would not
have any effect on lowering the gasoline price at the pump for at least
10 years from today!

Your entire post smells as stinky as used oil drained off an old car.