"ABS" fluid - brake fluid

Old July 3rd 06, 06:33 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
JohnV@nn

Default "ABS" fluid - brake fluid

I had my "other car" at the dealer the other day (service 4WD light was
on). When they called to give me the specifics on what it needed, they
said "and also, it needs this fluid changed, that fluid changed, the
other fluid changed." He named every fluid in the car including power
steering fluid (I know, this is how they make money). Of course I
answered "no thanks" but one of things he said was "ABS fluid." I
responded "ABS fluid?" and he said "yes, the ABS fluid needs changed."
Has the service industry started calling brake fluid ABS fluid, or is
there ABS fluid separate from the regular brake fluid? The car is a
2000 Tahoe.

Thanks,
John
93 GT

Old July 3rd 06, 07:56 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Jim Warman

I only change my ABS fluid when the blinker fluid is low....

Actually, it sound like there is a very new, very "green" service advisor at
your Bowtie dealer.... But ya gotta give him extra points for effort (even
though someone out there might fall for it).

"Could I have a coffee, no cream?"
"Sorry, sir.... we're all out of cream - you'll have to have it without
milk..."

oups.com...

Old July 3rd 06, 10:06 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
JME93stang via CarKB.com

Yeah I think that is right up there with the Muffler bearings!! LOL