"I Am Legend" Movie Mustang Trivia

Old November 1st 07, 03:10 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Default "I Am Legend" Movie Mustang Trivia

Anyone seen the trailer for this upcoming flick? They use a new GT500
in the film. So even if the movie is a bomb at least we can see a
GT500 in action. Here's some trivia about the car they used.

Picture Cars East was doing stunt tests on the 2008 Mustang Shelby
GT500 to test the new car showroom stunt. They had a 27 foot run up to
the ramp, and are jumping the Shelby through a plate glass window. In
the test they were doing the landing on boxes to not harm the fairly
rare car. On the first test they ripped out the radiator, and radiator
support. They had to cannibalize a regular Mustang for parts to
continue the test.

Patrick

Old November 1st 07, 10:34 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
My Name Is Nobody

".boB" > wrote in message
om...
> wrote:
>> Anyone seen the trailer for this upcoming flick? They use a new GT500
>> in the film. So even if the movie is a bomb at least we can see a
>> GT500 in action. Here's some trivia about the car they used.
>>
>> Picture Cars East was doing stunt tests on the 2008 Mustang Shelby
>> GT500 to test the new car showroom stunt. They had a 27 foot run up to
>> the ramp, and are jumping the Shelby through a plate glass window. In
>> the test they were doing the landing on boxes to not harm the fairly
>> rare car. On the first test they ripped out the radiator, and radiator
>> support. They had to cannibalize a regular Mustang for parts to
>> continue the test.
>>
>> Patrick
>>

> Wait a minute. I remember seeing that bit on some SpeedVision show.
> Seems like there was a show for a while featuring Picture Cars East, and
> some of the stunts they did.
>
> That was a year or so ago. How could they use an '08 car back then?
>
> --
> .boB
> 2006 FXDI hot rod
> 2001 Dodge Dakota QC 5.9/4x4/3.92
> 1966 Mustang Coupe - Daily Driver
> 1965 FFR Cobra - 427W EFI, Damn Fast.

Probably an 07, only the VIN would tell...