C5 and C6 owners or past owners

Old March 26th 07, 06:21 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Norm

Default C5 and C6 owners or past owners

Just curious, if you own or owned both the C5 and C6, which one do you
like better and why? And I know the C6 got a little boost in hp but
does it do better in mpg in same driving with the C5?
Old March 26th 07, 09:30 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
dave

I never had a C5, but i love my C6. (2006). Ive talked to quite a few
folks who went from a C5 to a C6 and they all report it was simular to
going from a C4 to C5 pretty much. The thing i really like on the C6 is
the superb fit and finish ; no rattles, no squeeking plastic on the
dash, and incredible gas mileage for a true performance car.

Old March 26th 07, 10:32 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Tom Scales

<Norm> wrote in message ...
> Just curious, if you own or owned both the C5 and C6, which one do you
> like better and why? And I know the C6 got a little boost in hp but
> does it do better in mpg in same driving with the C5?

I've had both. C6 is more powerful, no question. Fit and finish and
options are improved. Power top is nice (although it is ridiculous you have
to manually latch it -- is this 1971?).

The only criticism is that it is smaller inside and a little more cramped.

Both are great fun!

Old March 26th 07, 10:47 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Empty3

<Norm> wrote in message ...
> Just curious, if you own or owned both the C5 and C6, which one do you
> like better and why? And I know the C6 got a little boost in hp but
> does it do better in mpg in same driving with the C5?

I have a 1990 and 2000, both coupes. The power is noticeable on my 2000,
but the mpgs
are about the same (the 2000 is perhaps 2 mpgs better on similar driving
conditions and based on
the DIC readings). I can imagine there is a boost from a C5 to a C6 as
well, but the increase in hps
is about 55 without modifications.. I enjoy driving the 2000 more than the
1990 - but I have to be
fair to both : )

Empty3

Old March 27th 07, 06:29 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Fred C. Dobbs

On Mon, 26 Mar 2007 12:21:13 -0500, Norm wrote:

>Just curious, if you own or owned both the C5 and C6, which one do you
>like better and why? And I know the C6 got a little boost in hp but
>does it do better in mpg in same driving with the C5?

My C6 replaced my C5 Which was totaled by an idiot in a rice burner
who changed lanes without looking and ran me into a wall.

The C5 had about 400 hp the same as my C6. The C6 rides a little
better . The Mileage was about the same. I wouldn't of traded a C5 for
a C6 but I do like the C6 better.
Old April 9th 07, 06:03 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Bob G.

On Mon, 26 Mar 2007 12:21:13 -0500, Norm wrote:

>Just curious, if you own or owned both the C5 and C6, which one do you
>like better and why? And I know the C6 got a little boost in hp but
>does it do better in mpg in same driving with the C5?

Been out oif touch the last month due to medical problems...
so this reply is a "hair" late...

I love my C5...no current plans to replace it.. BUT HONESTLY
who really cares about how many miles per gallon ANY Corvette gets..??

Bob G.
64 72 & 98 Convertbles
76 & 79 Coupes

Old April 9th 07, 06:57 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_1_]

"Bob G." > wrote in message
> On Mon, 26 Mar 2007 12:21:13 -0500, Norm wrote:
>
>>Just curious, if you own or owned both the C5 and C6, which one do
>>you
>>like better and why? And I know the C6 got a little boost in hp
>>but
>>does it do better in mpg in same driving with the C5?

> Been out oif touch the last month due to medical problems...
> so this reply is a "hair" late...
>
> I love my C5...no current plans to replace it.. BUT HONESTLY
> who really cares about how many miles per gallon ANY Corvette
> gets..??
>
> Bob G.

You got to remember Bob that it has to be a great investment, get
great gas mileage, smoke the tires for a 1/4-mile, and look good in
the garage or flatbed when you take it home. Also it must start right
up after sitting for 4 months and never need repair or even attract
mice. If something does go wrong the answer will appear in seconds by
those owners on the internet that already know that it's a known weak
point overlooked by 1,432 GM engineers and 100+ years of automotive
building experience. The repair should be able to be fashioned from
the soft metal cap on a milk bottle and replace a part laying in the
glove box. They do have those caps yet, don't they? On top of all
else the one owned by the writer must be the only one made in that
color with 1,100 RWHP. Another mistake made by GM that makes their car
"RARE" and worth 10 times what they paid for it used.

Just a few things I've learned here, others are sure to become
apparent as soon as I post this.

You feeling better or do you still have some money left that the
Doctors need before you're well or in a disposable condition?
--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

Old April 10th 07, 01:41 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Bob G.

>You feeling better or do you still have some money left that the
>Doctors need before you're well or in a disposable condition?

Having a Pretty good year...its April and I have NOT maxed out my out
of pocket expenses yet...but have not seen most of the Bills yet....

NO COMPLAINTS... I can breatth & at least now ..AND I can get upright
Had emergency surgery to fix the problems caused by the surgery I had
on the legs in December... BUT I got 2 of the Corvettes out of the
garage on schedule on April Fools day, the other 3 are waiting their
turn....

Hoping to get to Carlisle next week ..BUT I'll have to ride the
scooter (again) however....

Bob
..
Old April 12th 07, 01:48 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dave in Lake Villa

'Been out oif touch the last month due to medical problems... so this
reply is a "hair" late...
I love my C5...no current plans to replace it.. BUT HONESTLY who really
cares about how many miles per gallon ANY Corvette gets..??
Bob G.'

REPLY: Hope youre on the rebound now Bob with your health concerns.
While no one buys a new Corvette for fuel economy , it is a nice bonus
to think you can drive a C5/6 and still get 27-29 highway mpg in top
gear on a long distance trip...yet still have the power readily
available to quickly get out of the way of a flock of birds with full
bladders overhead (especially if you have a Vert)

A8 owners pfc Opinion Research Audi 2 April 4th 06 12:54 PM
Any KJ Owners Here? mcalister Jeep 2 April 11th 05 07:14 PM
Tip for E34 owners! Erik Smith BMW 0 December 22nd 04 11:15 AM
R32 Owners Tom's VR6 VW water cooled 8 December 16th 04 05:15 AM
all bmw owners this is a must Alexander :-\) BMW 0 September 23rd 04 09:29 AM