The governmant is so insidious. They tax EVERTHING

Old March 12th 04, 09:31 PM
hiroshima facts

Joseph Oberlander > wrote in message hlink.net>...
> Brent P wrote:
> >

> > If the USA had to invade Japan to end the war, what do you think the
> > damage would have been?

> Old propaganda. They wanted an honorable way out of the whole thing

They wanted a way out that involved letting them keep their
militaristic culture, and letting them rebuild to try again.

This was unacceptable. They knew the terms (Potsdam), and we stopped
nuking them once they tried to accept those terms.

> and we could have just blockaded them and bombed their factories.

We were doing that as well. The blockade had eliminated effective
food transports by sea, and their railway system was barely adequate
to the task. We were very close to bombing their railway system
permanently out of existence when they surrendered. This would have
resulted in the starvation of millions.
Old March 12th 04, 10:22 PM
Brent P

In article > , hiroshima facts wrote:

> This was unacceptable. They knew the terms (Potsdam), and we stopped
> nuking them once they tried to accept those terms.

Um there were no more nukes to use.

Old March 15th 04, 06:13 PM

Like many things it depend on ones perspective I suppose.
I E a person holds two jobs. One job pays him an amount equal to
the highest limit at which FICA is required to be withheld. Of
that amount that must be paid by the employer, half can be
deducted from the employee. The employees second job pays say
20K on which the employer can deduct half the FICA from his
earning. When the employee files him federal tax return he is
eligible for a full refund of the amount withheld for the excess
20K. Nether employer is eligible for a refund of half the FICA
on the 20K. In the end, as is the case with all federal taxes on
business, the consumer pays. No only does he pay each dollar, he
pays the higher rate equal to the sellers percentage of profit as
well.

mike hunt

Old March 18th 04, 06:44 PM
The Lindbergh Baby

hiroshima facts wrote:
> Joseph Oberlander > wrote in message ink.net>...
>
>>Greg Houston wrote:

> The burning of the city was the act of British bombers only.
>
> The US had nothing to do with any targeting of civilians in Europe.

ROTFLMAO!!

John

--
To reply, remove "die.spammers" from address