My trusty steed

Old January 17th 08, 08:28 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Olli Lammi

Default My trusty steed

>>> http://www.tgh.com.au/tshingles.html
>>> http://www.boral.com.au/Article/Clay..._Colo urs.asp
>>>

>> Hmmm.
>> When I think Shingles, I always visualise thick tarboard tiles coated
>> with fine stone granulate, as in flexible.
>>
>> The ceramics translates into something quite different over here,
>> think I saw it mentioned on one of the sites, roof pans?
>>
>> J.

> Ps.
>
> Translated from Norwegian, Swedish and Danish to English it would simply
> be: Roof stone. Simple eh? }

Translated from Finnish they would be roof bricks.

This is what got installed on our roof few weeks ago (construction
project is underway):

http://www.wienerberger.fi/servlet/S...=1129717475383

---
Olli
Old January 17th 08, 09:02 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Shag

On Jan 17, 3:28 pm, Olli Lammi
A> wrote:
> Berg wrote:
> > Berg wrote:

> >> Hmmm.
> >> When I think Shingles, I always visualise thick tarboard tiles coated
> >> with fine stone granulate, as in flexible.

> >> The ceramics translates into something quite different over here,
> >> think I saw it mentioned on one of the sites, roof pans?

> >> J.

> > Ps.

> > Translated from Norwegian, Swedish and Danish to English it would simply
> > be: Roof stone. Simple eh? }

> Translated from Finnish they would be roof bricks.
>
> This is what got installed on our roof few weeks ago (construction
> project is underway):
>
> http://www.wienerberger.fi/servlet/S...ienerberger/SR...
>
> ---
> Olli

Made it back home, safe and sound. The other guys finally made it to
work.
http://www.employees.org/~travist/steed4.jpg
http://www.employees.org/~travist/steed5.jpg
Old January 17th 08, 09:08 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Berg

Olli Lammi wrote:
> Berg wrote:
>> Berg wrote:

>>> Hmmm.
>>> When I think Shingles, I always visualise thick tarboard tiles coated
>>> with fine stone granulate, as in flexible.
>>>
>>> The ceramics translates into something quite different over here,
>>> think I saw it mentioned on one of the sites, roof pans?
>>>
>>> J.

>> Ps.
>>
>> Translated from Norwegian, Swedish and Danish to English it would
>> simply be: Roof stone. Simple eh? }

> Translated from Finnish they would be roof bricks.
>
> This is what got installed on our roof few weeks ago (construction
> project is underway):
>
> http://www.wienerberger.fi/servlet/S...=1129717475383
>

> ---
> Olli

Yup, takstein = roofstone.
Has some fancy moldings to it though, nothing is what it used to be,
sigh.. :0)

J.
Old January 17th 08, 09:11 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Berg

Shag wrote:
> On Jan 17, 3:28 pm, Olli Lammi
> A> wrote:
>> Berg wrote:
>>> Ps.
>>> Translated from Norwegian, Swedish and Danish to English it would simply
>>> be: Roof stone. Simple eh? }

>> Translated from Finnish they would be roof bricks.
>>
>> This is what got installed on our roof few weeks ago (construction
>> project is underway):
>>
>> http://www.wienerberger.fi/servlet/S...ienerberger/SR...
>>
>> ---
>> Olli

> Made it back home, safe and sound. The other guys finally made it to
> work.
> http://www.employees.org/~travist/steed4.jpg
> http://www.employees.org/~travist/steed5.jpg

Looks good sitting amongst that lot, does it not?

J.
Old January 19th 08, 12:23 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Shag

On Jan 19, 7:07 am, "KWW" <kirk.walker ahyt aircooled doht neyt>
wrote:
> Is there white paint on the driver's front fender? Also, is the bumper a
> little high on that side? Just wondering..... my car isn't 1/4 as nice
> looking as yours.
>
> --
> KWW
> '65 Beetle (Jenny the IOC)
> '64 Beetle (TBD the Blue Wave)"Shag" > wrote in message

Yes, all 4 fenders have dents in them but that one also had paint
peeling off enough that surface rust was forming so I sanded it down
and sprayed it with what I had to keep the rust at bay a little while
longer. The sunroof leaks BADLY when it's raining hard so I got
decently soaked on my ride home, too. The interior of the car is in
better shape than I am, but the exterior of the car is like me.
Leaves a lot to be desired cosmetically. :-D