OT Solve the mystery!!!

Old January 18th 08, 10:00 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Olli Lammi

Default OT Solve the mystery!!!

Berg wrote:

> Maybe Olli is on to something, aquarium with a mollusc?? in it?

Enhanced the picture a bit more. Look what popped up in it.

http://olammi.iki.fi/olammi/shags_brain2.jpg

Spooky.

---
Olli
Old January 18th 08, 10:51 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Berg

Shag wrote:
> On Jan 18, 4:19 pm, Shag > wrote:
>> On Jan 18, 3:46 pm, Jan Andersson >
>> wrote:

>>> I seriously wish he would start eating people food

>> hahaha!
>> Nice picture enhancement. My wife has the digital camera with her so
>> I had to use the crappy camera on the cell phone. It's a picture of
>> either an artery or a vein (I'm not sure which) on a pork neckbone
>> that's in a pile o' neckbones in my crock-pot full o' pork neckbones.
>> Mmm.... artery goodness. *drool*
>> Just so I don't get in trouble with social services, I cooked some
>> stuff separate for the kids. I made some sausage balls, fried them
>> up, then cooked some egg noodles, added some cheddar cheese soup mix
>> stuff from the can with some milk and some extra heavy cream, then a
>> half of a jar of spaghetti sauce. I added the sausage balls to the
>> mixture and it's simmering now. Also added some mozzarella cheese,
>> fresh ground black pepper, garlic, and a some onion powder. And diced
>> mushrooms. It's all simmering in there now and believe it or not it
>> smells GOOD in here. No wonder I need to lose 15 pounds or so. :-/

> The kids' dinner:
> http://www.employees.org/~travist/gour-freakin-met.jpg

I could eat that, don't know about the neckbone thing though..

We eat pork neck chops, no veins/artery on them, you would not boil them
either. Grill, fry or bake in an oven.

What exactly are you going to do with the neckbones?
Are you cooking some sort of a stew? Soupstock and meat at the same time?

Just curious.

J.
Old January 19th 08, 12:32 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Shag

On Jan 18, 5:51 pm, Berg > wrote:
> Shag wrote:
> > On Jan 18, 4:19 pm, Shag > wrote:

> >> hahaha!
> >> Nice picture enhancement. My wife has the digital camera with her so
> >> I had to use the crappy camera on the cell phone. It's a picture of
> >> either an artery or a vein (I'm not sure which) on a pork neckbone
> >> that's in a pile o' neckbones in my crock-pot full o' pork neckbones.
> >> Mmm.... artery goodness. *drool*
> >> Just so I don't get in trouble with social services, I cooked some
> >> stuff separate for the kids. I made some sausage balls, fried them
> >> up, then cooked some egg noodles, added some cheddar cheese soup mix
> >> stuff from the can with some milk and some extra heavy cream, then a
> >> half of a jar of spaghetti sauce. I added the sausage balls to the
> >> mixture and it's simmering now. Also added some mozzarella cheese,
> >> fresh ground black pepper, garlic, and a some onion powder. And diced
> >> mushrooms. It's all simmering in there now and believe it or not it
> >> smells GOOD in here. No wonder I need to lose 15 pounds or so. :-/

> > The kids' dinner:
> >http://www.employees.org/~travist/gour-freakin-met.jpg

> I could eat that, don't know about the neckbone thing though..
>
> We eat pork neck chops, no veins/artery on them, you would not boil them
> either. Grill, fry or bake in an oven.
>
> What exactly are you going to do with the neckbones?
> Are you cooking some sort of a stew? Soupstock and meat at the same time?
>
> Just curious.
>
> J.

I slow-cooked the neckbones a couple of hours and then let them cool
enough to strip the meat from the bones. I put the meat back in the
crock pot with the juices and added a pack of gravy mix and let it
simmer another couple of hours, then just spooned the gravy/neckbone
meat into a cup and ate it and LIKED IT. :-D Don't tell my
doctor. ;-) Just kiddin'. Ain't got no fancy doctor.
Old January 19th 08, 12:39 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Olli Lammi

Shag wrote:

> I slow-cooked the neckbones a couple of hours and then let them cool
> enough to strip the meat from the bones. I put the meat back in the
> crock pot with the juices and added a pack of gravy mix and let it
> simmer another couple of hours, then just spooned the gravy/neckbone
> meat into a cup and ate it and LIKED IT. :-D Don't tell my
> doctor. ;-) Just kiddin'. Ain't got no fancy doctor.

I've been few times to a party where there is an entire pig done in
a spear over fire. That has always been very good. Not tasted the
neck though.

---
Olli
Old January 19th 08, 01:01 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Shag

On Jan 18, 7:39 pm, Olli Lammi
A> wrote:
> Shag wrote:
>
> > I slow-cooked the neckbones a couple of hours and then let them cool
> > enough to strip the meat from the bones. I put the meat back in the
> > crock pot with the juices and added a pack of gravy mix and let it
> > simmer another couple of hours, then just spooned the gravy/neckbone
> > meat into a cup and ate it and LIKED IT. :-D Don't tell my
> > doctor. ;-) Just kiddin'. Ain't got no fancy doctor.

> I've been few times to a party where there is an entire pig done in
> a spear over fire. That has always been very good. Not tasted the
> neck though.
>
> ---
> Olli

The neckbones have some of the most tender meat of all on them. I
understand how they sight of the neckbones with the veins and stuff
there can kind of put someone off from the idea of eating it, but
that's ok because it just means the price of the neckbones is lower
because of that and I can afford it more easily. :-)

Old January 19th 08, 01:13 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

On Jan 18, 12:36*pm, Jan Andersson >
wrote:
> Shag wrote:
> >http://www.employees.org/~travist/mystery.jpg
> > What in the world could it be!?!? *What's your guess? *:-D

> DIY open heart surgery?

DIY vasectomy ?
Old January 19th 08, 01:16 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Jan Andersson

wrote:
> On Jan 18, 12:36 pm, Jan Andersson >
> wrote:
>> Shag wrote:

http://www.employees.org/~travist/mystery.jpg
>>> What in the world could it be!?!? What's your guess? :-D

>> DIY open heart surgery?

> DIY vasectomy ?

The thought has crossed my mind before....
Old January 19th 08, 01:29 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Shag

On Jan 18, 8:16 pm, Jan Andersson >
> > On Jan 18, 12:36 pm, Jan Andersson >
> > wrote:
> >> DIY open heart surgery?

> > DIY vasectomy ?

> The thought has crossed my mind before....

Jan, I once pulled a tooth for a friend of mine, but that's about as
close to "surgical help" as I'm willing to do or I'd say I'd try to
help you out. hahaha!