OT Today's afternoon snack

Old January 19th 08, 06:22 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Shag

Default OT Today's afternoon snack

Oyster shooters! Who else loves 'em? Put an oyster in a shot glass,
cover it with your favorite hot sauce, shoot it, chase it with an icy
cold beverage. Nice snack on a rainy day. :-)
http://www.employees.org/~travist/oystershooters.jpg

Old January 19th 08, 06:26 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Olli Lammi

Shag wrote:
> Oyster shooters! Who else loves 'em? Put an oyster in a shot glass,
> cover it with your favorite hot sauce, shoot it, chase it with an icy
> cold beverage. Nice snack on a rainy day. :-)
> http://www.employees.org/~travist/oystershooters.jpg

What is that Colt 45 Malt Liquor? Beer? If so, I bet it is
not good beer.

Don't you eat anything normal there Shag? Like vegetables?

---
Olli
Old January 19th 08, 06:43 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Shag

On Jan 19, 1:26 pm, Olli Lammi
A> wrote:
> Shag wrote:
> > Oyster shooters! Who else loves 'em? Put an oyster in a shot glass,
> > cover it with your favorite hot sauce, shoot it, chase it with an icy
> > cold beverage. Nice snack on a rainy day. :-)
> >http://www.employees.org/~travist/oystershooters.jpg

> What is that Colt 45 Malt Liquor? Beer? If so, I bet it is
> not good beer.
>
> Don't you eat anything normal there Shag? Like vegetables?
>
> ---
> Olli

I love vegetables! Especially bacon and fried chicken. They're my
favorite vegetables. I eat normal stuff. I made a cheeseburger for
breakfast this morning. Can y'all tell my wife's out of town for a
couple of days? ;-) I'm also making soup today. Potatoes, onions,
garlic, bacon, cheese, heavy cream. Those are the main ingredients.
It's in the crock pot right now finishing up and man does it ever
smell good. I fried 12 oz of bacon, then drained 90% of the bacon
grease off of it and crushed it up. Diced about 7 potatoes and one
big onion. Put the potatoes, onions, garlic, bacon in the crock pot
with 6 cups of water and a couple of chicken bouillon cubes and let it
cook a couple of hours. Then added a ton of velveeta cheese and a
pint of heavy cream. It'll be ready to eat in another hour or so. A
meal fit for a king. Or even for me. :-)
Old January 19th 08, 06:59 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Olli Lammi

Shag wrote:

>> What is that Colt 45 Malt Liquor? Beer? If so, I bet it is
>> not good beer.

> I love vegetables! Especially bacon and fried chicken.

How about that Colt 45 thing? What is it?

---
Olli
Old January 19th 08, 06:59 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Neil

On Jan 19, 11:22 am, Shag > wrote:
> Oyster shooters! Who else loves 'em? Put an oyster in a shot glass,
> cover it with your favorite hot sauce, shoot it, chase it with an icy
> cold beverage. Nice snack on a rainy day. :-)http://www.employees.org/~travist/oystershooters.jpg

Sounds great. I'll take it with a cold coke though.
Old January 19th 08, 07:01 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Berg

Shag wrote:
> Oyster shooters! Who else loves 'em? Put an oyster in a shot glass,
> cover it with your favorite hot sauce, shoot it, chase it with an icy
> cold beverage. Nice snack on a rainy day. :-)
> http://www.employees.org/~travist/oystershooters.jpg

HHmm, you could skip the Oyster, would taste the same, whilst still
leave you with an excuse for the cold beverage. ]

J.
Old January 19th 08, 07:03 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Berg

Olli Lammi wrote:
> Shag wrote:
>>
>>> What is that Colt 45 Malt Liquor? Beer? If so, I bet it is
>>> not good beer.

>> I love vegetables! Especially bacon and fried chicken.

> How about that Colt 45 thing? What is it?
>
> ---
> Olli

Beer over a certain alcohol level has to be labelled Malt Liquor, might
vary between the different states though.

J.
Old January 19th 08, 07:16 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Olli Lammi

Shag wrote:

> I love vegetables! Especially bacon and fried chicken. They're my
> favorite vegetables. I eat normal stuff. I made a cheeseburger for
> breakfast this morning. Can y'all tell my wife's out of town for a
> couple of days? ;-) I'm also making soup today. Potatoes, onions,
> garlic, bacon, cheese, heavy cream. Those are the main ingredients.
> It's in the crock pot right now finishing up and man does it ever
> smell good. I fried 12 oz of bacon, then drained 90% of the bacon
> grease off of it and crushed it up. Diced about 7 potatoes and one
> big onion. Put the potatoes, onions, garlic, bacon in the crock pot
> with 6 cups of water and a couple of chicken bouillon cubes and let it
> cook a couple of hours. Then added a ton of velveeta cheese and a
> pint of heavy cream. It'll be ready to eat in another hour or so. A
> meal fit for a king. Or even for me. :-)

Well, here is my evening snack:

http://olammi.iki.fi/olammi/snack.jpg

Spinach pancakes with lingonberries. Hard rye bread with butter and
cream cheese. Beer.

I bet you would not settle for these

---
Olli
Old January 19th 08, 07:16 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Berg

Shag wrote:
> On Jan 19, 1:26 pm, Olli Lammi
> A> wrote:
>> Shag wrote:
>>> Oyster shooters! Who else loves 'em? Put an oyster in a shot glass,
>>> cover it with your favorite hot sauce, shoot it, chase it with an icy
>>> cold beverage. Nice snack on a rainy day. :-)
>>> http://www.employees.org/~travist/oystershooters.jpg

>> What is that Colt 45 Malt Liquor? Beer? If so, I bet it is
>> not good beer.
>>
>> Don't you eat anything normal there Shag? Like vegetables?
>>
>> ---
>> Olli

> I love vegetables! Especially bacon and fried chicken. They're my
> favorite vegetables. I eat normal stuff. I made a cheeseburger for
> breakfast this morning. Can y'all tell my wife's out of town for a
> couple of days? ;-) I'm also making soup today. Potatoes, onions,
> garlic, bacon, cheese, heavy cream. Those are the main ingredients.
> It's in the crock pot right now finishing up and man does it ever
> smell good. I fried 12 oz of bacon, then drained 90% of the bacon
> grease off of it and crushed it up. Diced about 7 potatoes and one
> big onion. Put the potatoes, onions, garlic, bacon in the crock pot
> with 6 cups of water and a couple of chicken bouillon cubes and let it
> cook a couple of hours. Then added a ton of velveeta cheese and a
> pint of heavy cream. It'll be ready to eat in another hour or so. A
> meal fit for a king. Or even for me. :-)

Mm, this actually sounds really good!

And I hear you on the vegetables

Making soup later myself, using the meat off a couple of pork chops,
sliced, diced potatoes, sliced carrots, sliced fresh chillies(red and
green), sliced leek and "cheater" soup stock from beef bouillon cubes
and water.
That is, if I don't finish my beers first and loose interest in food..
Mmm, got a three liter box of red wine as well... No wife away, just
single 8=P

J.
Old January 19th 08, 07:18 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Berg

Olli Lammi wrote:
> Shag wrote:
>>
>> I love vegetables! Especially bacon and fried chicken. They're my
>> favorite vegetables. I eat normal stuff. I made a cheeseburger for
>> breakfast this morning. Can y'all tell my wife's out of town for a
>> couple of days? ;-) I'm also making soup today. Potatoes, onions,
>> garlic, bacon, cheese, heavy cream. Those are the main ingredients.
>> It's in the crock pot right now finishing up and man does it ever
>> smell good. I fried 12 oz of bacon, then drained 90% of the bacon
>> grease off of it and crushed it up. Diced about 7 potatoes and one
>> big onion. Put the potatoes, onions, garlic, bacon in the crock pot
>> with 6 cups of water and a couple of chicken bouillon cubes and let it
>> cook a couple of hours. Then added a ton of velveeta cheese and a
>> pint of heavy cream. It'll be ready to eat in another hour or so. A
>> meal fit for a king. Or even for me. :-)

> Well, here is my evening snack:
>
> http://olammi.iki.fi/olammi/snack.jpg
>
> Spinach pancakes with lingonberries. Hard rye bread with butter and
> cream cheese. Beer.
>
> I bet you would not settle for these
>
> ---
> Olli