More VW fun...

Old June 16th 08, 12:00 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Project Magnet #1

Default More VW fun...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuakEIBE6-I

http://triumphchoppers.com/gallery/album49/aes

http://triumphchoppers.com/gallery/album49/aet

I drove it out after pulling the back tire down...

Les
Old June 16th 08, 12:53 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
John[_45_]

Project Magnet #1 wrote:
[...]

This will put tears in your eyes: http://www.digoliardi.net/split.jpg

Nothing is sacred around here.
Old June 16th 08, 01:30 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Project Magnet #1

John wrote:
> Project Magnet #1 wrote:
> [...]
>
> This will put tears in your eyes: http://www.digoliardi.net/split.jpg
>
> Nothing is sacred around here.

This guy bought the car already cut up and Baja'd.

http://www.azbaja.com/uploads/garage...1068_baja1.jpg

A guy near me has a lifted Type 2 that he takes off-road. We've been
trying to get a chance to take his bus and my car out on the trails.

Les
Old June 16th 08, 01:55 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Berg

John wrote:
> Project Magnet #1 wrote:
> [...]
>
> This will put tears in your eyes: http://www.digoliardi.net/split.jpg
>
> Nothing is sacred around here.

That is a weld-in roof/window panel job.
Not to uncommon.

J.
Old June 16th 08, 02:14 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Joey Tribiani

"Project Magnet #1" > wrote in message
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuakEIBE6-I
>
> http://triumphchoppers.com/gallery/album49/aes
>
> http://triumphchoppers.com/gallery/album49/aet
>
> I drove it out after pulling the back tire down...
>
> Les

did you figure out what you damaged?

Old June 16th 08, 02:28 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Project Magnet #1

Joey Tribiani wrote:
> "Project Magnet #1" > wrote in message
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuakEIBE6-I
>>
>> http://triumphchoppers.com/gallery/album49/aes
>>
>> http://triumphchoppers.com/gallery/album49/aet
>>
>> I drove it out after pulling the back tire down...
>>
>> Les

> did you figure out what you damaged?

Not yet. Gotta go pull it in the garage and see where the oil's coming
from. I did spend a couple of hours on the trails after lifting the back
of the car like that.

Les
Old June 16th 08, 02:55 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
John[_45_]

Project Magnet #1 wrote:
> I drove it out after pulling the back tire down...

Good thing that puppy's been neutered.
Old June 16th 08, 03:24 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Busman

At least it's an early body on a newer pan .......

m...

Old June 16th 08, 04:36 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
John[_45_]

Berg wrote:
> John wrote:
>> Project Magnet #1 wrote:
>> [...]
>>
>> This will put tears in your eyes: http://www.digoliardi.net/split.jpg
>>
>> Nothing is sacred around here.

> That is a weld-in roof/window panel job.
> Not to uncommon.

Honest, I don't think it is. I looked it over very well. An older (and
very deaf) chassis builder and former racer had it. He also has a VW
graveyard, and semi trailers full of parts. All that hidden in rural
Wisconsin not far from here. It kind of looks fake but that's a
consequence of the lousy digital camera (Apple QuickTake - remember
'em?) and the plastic scoop.

What surprised me at first was how tiny the carb was. "Better low end
and that's where it's at and there's rules, ya know." he said.