New to group - quick question

Old September 8th 05, 12:05 AM
Red-Dog

Default New to group - quick question

Hello:
I have lurked for a while. I have finally realized my dream of driving
a Mustang! I bought a 1999 GT convertible 5 spd. Bone stock and
beautiful. I absolutely LOVE this car.

I'll post some pics and details soon, but first a quick question.

I am looking for some stats on engine performance, specifically
horsepower and torque output at a given RPM. I have done a few
searches, but can't seem to find what I am looking for.

The format I am looking for is like this (I guessed at the numbers):

RPM Torque (Lb-Ft) Power (HP)
0 0 0
500 0 0
1000 0 0
1500 0 0
2000 282 3
2500 287 230
3000 292 235
3500 297 240
4000 302 245
4500 297 250
5000 292 255
5500 287 260
6000 282 255
6500 277 250
7000 0 0

Thanks in advance!

Red-Dog
remove --<no-spam>-- to email me directly
Old September 8th 05, 04:59 AM
Michael Johnson, PE

IMO, one of the best places to get real world hp/tq numbers is from
browsing the main Mustang web sites like The Corral, StangNet etc.
After seeing all the dyno runs they have posted you will get a good idea
for hp/tq numbers for various cars and mods.

Old September 8th 05, 11:05 AM
Bob Willard

Red-Dog aredman-- <no--spam> wrote:
> Hello:
> I have lurked for a while. I have finally realized my dream of driving
> a Mustang! I bought a 1999 GT convertible 5 spd. Bone stock and
> beautiful. I absolutely LOVE this car.
>
> I'll post some pics and details soon, but first a quick question.
>
> I am looking for some stats on engine performance, specifically
> horsepower and torque output at a given RPM. I have done a few
> searches, but can't seem to find what I am looking for.
>
> The format I am looking for is like this (I guessed at the numbers):
>
> RPM Torque (Lb-Ft) Power (HP)
> 0 0 0
> 500 0 0
> 1000 0 0
> 1500 0 0
> 2000 282 3
> 2500 287 230
> 3000 292 235
> 3500 297 240
> 4000 302 245
> 4500 297 250
> 5000 292 255
> 5500 287 260
> 6000 282 255
> 6500 277 250
> 7000 0 0
>

> Thanks in advance!
>
> Red-Dog
> remove --<no-spam>-- to email me directly

With cars, only torque is measured. Horsepower is calculated as:

HP = TQ * (RPM/5252)

Torque, not horsepower, determines acceleration. I think of this as:
"Torque is for fun. Horsepower is for advertising."
--
Cheers, Bob
Old September 8th 05, 12:23 PM
Joe

Bob Willard > wrote in
:

> Red-Dog aredman-- <no--spam> wrote:
>> Hello:
>> I have lurked for a while. I have finally realized my dream of
>> driving a Mustang! I bought a 1999 GT convertible 5 spd. Bone
>> stock and beautiful. I absolutely LOVE this car.
>>
>> I'll post some pics and details soon, but first a quick question.
>>
>> I am looking for some stats on engine performance, specifically
>> horsepower and torque output at a given RPM. I have done a few
>> searches, but can't seem to find what I am looking for.
>>
>> The format I am looking for is like this (I guessed at the
>> numbers):
>>
>> RPM Torque (Lb-Ft) Power (HP)
>> 0 0 0
>> 500 0 0
>> 1000 0 0
>> 1500 0 0
>> 2000 282 3
>> 2500 287 230
>> 3000 292 235
>> 3500 297 240
>> 4000 302 245
>> 4500 297 250
>> 5000 292 255
>> 5500 287 260
>> 6000 282 255
>> 6500 277 250
>> 7000 0 0
>>

>> Thanks in advance!
>>
>> Red-Dog
>> remove --<no-spam>-- to email me directly

> With cars, only torque is measured. Horsepower is calculated as:
>
> HP = TQ * (RPM/5252)
>
> Torque, not horsepower, determines acceleration. I think of this
> as: "Torque is for fun. Horsepower is for advertising."

Great slogan! Call up Ford's advertising group and see if they're
interested.
Old September 8th 05, 05:14 PM
Red-Dog

Joe wrote:
> Bob Willard > wrote in
> :
>

>>Red-Dog aredman-- <no--spam> wrote:
>>
>>>Hello:
>>>I have lurked for a while. I have finally realized my dream of
>>>driving a Mustang! I bought a 1999 GT convertible 5 spd. Bone
>>>stock and beautiful. I absolutely LOVE this car.
>>>
>>>I'll post some pics and details soon, but first a quick question.
>>>
>>>I am looking for some stats on engine performance, specifically
>>>horsepower and torque output at a given RPM. I have done a few
>>>searches, but can't seem to find what I am looking for.
>>>
>>>The format I am looking for is like this (I guessed at the
>>>numbers):
>>>
>>>RPM Torque (Lb-Ft) Power (HP)
>>>0 0 0
>>>500 0 0
>>>1000 0 0
>>>1500 0 0
>>>2000 282 3
>>>2500 287 230
>>>3000 292 235
>>>3500 297 240
>>>4000 302 245
>>>4500 297 250
>>>5000 292 255
>>>5500 287 260
>>>6000 282 255
>>>6500 277 250
>>>7000 0 0
>>>

>>>Thanks in advance!
>>>
>>>Red-Dog
>>>remove --<no-spam>-- to email me directly

>>With cars, only torque is measured. Horsepower is calculated as:
>>
>> HP = TQ * (RPM/5252)
>>
>>Torque, not horsepower, determines acceleration. I think of this
>>as: "Torque is for fun. Horsepower is for advertising."

> Great slogan! Call up Ford's advertising group and see if they're
> interested.

Guys:
Thanks very much for your replies.
I'll check the forums as you recommend as well as remembering this formula.

Great slogan. I have seen this written:

torque gets you there, horsepower keeps you there
(where 'there' refers to high speeds I guess)
This has always helped me remember the difference, in simple terms

Thanks!

Red-Dog

League Set-Up Question TlgtrProd Simulators 1 January 24th 05 02:51 PM
League Set-Up Question??? TlgtrProd Simulators 0 January 23rd 05 04:44 PM
Subject: Traffic School - online traffic school experience response [email protected] Corvette 0 October 9th 04 05:56 PM
Quick Question Drink Corvette 2 October 9th 04 02:44 PM
Just a quick question about the MAF sensor Pete Alfa Romeo 0 July 16th 04 11:56 AM