96 GC Brake switch sticking

Old March 23rd 05, 05:29 AM
Patrick

Default 96 GC Brake switch sticking

After my second dead battery in 2 weeks, I have realised that my brake light
will stay on sometime...

If i play with the brake switch they turn off. Is their an adjustement ? or
Oil need ? or i have to replace it.

Beeing not to good on a battery to get drain totally i would like to solve
this matter quickly.

Now that im aware of the problem i will avoid drain battery , But it's a
pain...Im not even checking the oil level.....

Pat

Old March 23rd 05, 06:35 PM
Mike Romain

It is adjustable and a real pain to get at. I also believe they are
inexpensive to replace. Sometimes they are set too tight so get hit
which will strip them allowing it to be touchy or on all the time. If
it comes out of adjustment again fast, suspect thread damage. You might
be able to see if they are dinged too.

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's