xd-m first impressions

Old May 20th 08, 07:42 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Kate[_6_]

Default xd-m first impressions

"Nathan W. Collier" > wrote
ive bought at least two dozens handguns specifically for my wife to try and
the ONLY one she ever warmed up to was her s&w 4" #66. here is a picture of
her shooting it. http://images.concealedcarryforum.com/vshoot.jpg

....in the end it worked out well. any guns she doesnt like i just kept for
myself. :-)

Nathan In Montana
http://ConcealedCarryForum.com

----

Of all my handguns, I have two that are my favorites.
My A-#1 fav is ol' Bess - Ruger GP 100 that I've done a trigger job on it.
Running nose to nose with it is my Walther P-99 - pre- S&W contract - OD
Green.

Yup... It would be a tough choice if I had to choose just one, but I think
Bess would be the one that I would pull out of a fire.
I know every time I pull the trigger, she goes bang. Maybe only 6 times, but
if I miss that many times, then I have bigger problems than I thought.

K.

Old May 20th 08, 07:44 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Kate[_6_]

I bought the hubster an XD .45 for Christmas, he absolutely loves it.

Maybe even more than ME!

After all, when he gets tired of listening to it, he can lock it in the safe
and walk away ;¬D

K.

Old May 20th 08, 11:32 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Earle Horton[_21_]

"Spdloader" > wrote in message

> "Kate" > wrote in message
> .. .
>>I bought the hubster an XD .45 for Christmas, he absolutely loves it.
>>
>> Maybe even more than ME!
>>
>> After all, when he gets tired of listening to it, he can lock it in the
>> safe
>> and walk away ;¬D
>>
>> K.
>>

> Dang Kate.
> ahem. Do you have a sister?

So you want to be a "hubster"? Scary.

Cheers,

Earle

Old May 21st 08, 05:24 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Nathan W. Collier[_4_]

"Kate" > wrote in message
.. .
> my Walther P-99 - pre- S&W contract - OD
> Green.

the p99/sw99 is a _beautiful_ weapon that was before its time. i consider
it to be the most under-rated handgun in the world. it was never marketed
properly so it never found the glory that it deserves.

btw, there are only a handful of us out there who own p99s/sw99s. i put up
a site at http://p99sw99.com but since there are only a handful of us it
doesnt get much traffic.

--
http://1911talk.com
http://HiPowerTalk.com
http://GlockCarry.com
http://P7talk.com
http://PPStalk.com

Old May 21st 08, 04:02 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Earle Horton[_21_]

http://www.umarex.com/index.php?id=p...e_id=412.00.00

Earle

Old May 23rd 08, 02:44 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Kate[_6_]

Well..
I'll just have to go give your site a look!

I agree, it is WAY under appreciated.

In some respects, that makes 'us' an elite group.
I love it when I can give someone an opportunity to check mine out. At
first, they are surprised. Many have never heard of it and then when the
shoot it and see how user friendly it is, how well it fits the hand, EASY
break down... most utter those famous words: "I want one!"
It gives me that cat that ate the canary grin.

So, your wife didn't like the one you have?
Kind of a surprise. Though from the glance at the photo, she likes wheel
guns too, yes?

K.

"Nathan W. Collier" > wrote in message
.. .

Old May 23rd 08, 02:49 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Kate[_6_]

Actually Earle - no - not an air gun.
Have a look he
http://p99sw99.com/forum/

Mine looks just like the one on the left.

Kate

Old May 23rd 08, 07:05 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Earle Horton[_23_]

I do know the difference. That looks just like the pellet gun I bought
recently though. I have a firing range in the basement but I think I would
get into trouble with the local constabulary if I fired several hundred
rounds at a time from a real gun in town, heh. Please don't call it an "air
gun". CO2 packs a reasonable punch and has a fairly flat trajectory for the
home firing range, and rats hate it where they just laugh at you if you have
a BB gun.

You people talk about the "beauty" of guns. Jeez, you're like the old coots
who buy gold anodized Craftsman tools. It's a tool for putting holes in
things, like this:

<http://www.amazon.com/Makita-BDF452HW-18-Volt-Compact-Lithium-Ion/dp/B000K6ILDW>

Sure it's good looking but the hole it makes is the important thing. ;^)

Cheers,

Earle

.. .

Old May 24th 08, 12:04 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Kate[_6_]

"Earle Horton" > wrote
Sure it's good looking but the hole it makes is the important thing. ;^)

Cheers,

Earle

--

Aww, well hell, if it's JUST the HOLE you want.. I have one ugly assed Ruger
..45...

I still like lil Walther though, shoots straight, reliable, easy to clean
and purty, purty, purty!

It's a girl thing, give up.

oh.... air gun, air gun, air gun! Nyaah!
(I had to... you know that, right?)

K.

Old May 24th 08, 12:06 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Kate[_6_]

"Spdloader" > wrote

Dang Kate.
ahem. Do you have a sister?

Spdloader

Geeze mo-neeze! Haven't you learned ANYTHING yet?

Actually I do have a half sister, but she's fatter than me, and a witch with
a capital B... we won't go into her drinking problem.
She doesn't shoot, doesn't Jeep and has a mouth on her that makes you just
want to slap her sometimes. I do like her though, sometimes.

You're better off right where you are.

K.