Gettin ready for the weekend!

Old May 22nd 08, 07:30 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Kate[_6_]

Default Gettin ready for the weekend!

Are any of the rest of you going out this weekend?
Usually hubs and I stick pretty close to home on Memorial weekend.

Too many idiots out there on the highways.

This year, we decided to get out for a few days with the Jeep club.

We're going to Coon Creek. This weekend is our club run and on June 4th
they're having a fun fun. We'll likely go to that one too.
www.ccorv.com
The 'park' is owned by the guy that runs Rough Country. It's only about an
hour and a half from our place. Lots of good wheeling places out here.

Have the camping gear all ready, have the Jeep in tip top shape and I am
really looking forward to it.
Now that daughter (and grandson) have moved out, we're free again FREE I
tell you!

When we went to Superlift in Hot Springs AR we had a blast. I hope this will
be as much fun.

--
Kate
______

The shortest distance between two points,
is a lot more fun in a Jeep!

Old May 22nd 08, 09:48 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
ULB

On May 22, 11:30*am, "Kate" > wrote:
> Are any of the rest of you going out this weekend?
> Usually hubs and I stick pretty close to home on Memorial weekend.
>
> Too many idiots out there on the highways.
>
> This year, we decided to get out for a few days with the Jeep club.
>
> We're going to Coon Creek. This weekend is our club run and on June 4th
> they're having a fun fun. We'll likely go to that one too.www.ccorv.com
> The 'park' is owned by the guy that runs Rough Country. It's only about an
> hour and a half from our place. Lots of good wheeling places out here.
>
> Have the camping gear all ready, have the Jeep in tip top shape and I am
> really looking forward to it.
> Now that daughter (and grandson) have moved out, we're free again FREE I
> tell you!
>
> When we went to Superlift in Hot Springs AR we had a blast. I hope this will
> be as much fun.
>
> --
> Kate
> *______
> /l ,[____],
> l-L -OlllllllO-
> ()_)-()_)--)_)
>
> The shortest distance between two points,
> is a lot more fun in a Jeep!

Heading up to the Sierra's for 10 days with my son. Fishing, crawdad
trapping, and lots of wheelin. I finally got off my rear and
installed my congo cage. I will put it to the test on the trek.
Old May 22nd 08, 10:39 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
DougW[_2_]

Kate wrote:
> Are any of the rest of you going out this weekend?
> Usually hubs and I stick pretty close to home on Memorial weekend.

Nah. Got a good local arts festival on.
Next week I'm driving out to San Angelo, Texas for a few days.
Might take in some wheeling there since work is paying for the trip.

--
DougW

Old May 22nd 08, 11:26 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Earle Horton[_23_]

"DougW" > wrote in message
> Kate wrote:
>> Are any of the rest of you going out this weekend?
>> Usually hubs and I stick pretty close to home on Memorial weekend.

> Nah. Got a good local arts festival on.
> Next week I'm driving out to San Angelo, Texas for a few days.
> Might take in some wheeling there since work is paying for the trip.

Iron Horse bicycle classic, from Durango to Silverton over two more than ten
thousand foot mountain passes. Spectator only. It's snowing right now...

Cheers,

Earle

Old May 23rd 08, 05:33 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Will Honea[_1_]

Earle Horton wrote:

> Iron Horse bicycle classic, from Durango to Silverton over two more than
> ten thousand foot mountain passes. Â*Spectator only. Â*It's snowing right
> now...

The Silverton to Durango route sounds more like my speed. AIR, the other
direction is an almost constant climb of several thousand feet.

--
Will Honea
Old May 23rd 08, 06:56 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Earle Horton[_23_]

"Will Honea" > wrote in message
> Earle Horton wrote:
>
>> Iron Horse bicycle classic, from Durango to Silverton over two more than
>> ten thousand foot mountain passes. Spectator only. It's snowing right
>> now...

> The Silverton to Durango route sounds more like my speed. AIR, the other
> direction is an almost constant climb of several thousand feet.

Ya, Silverton to Molas, then Lime Creek switchback to Coal Bank. That
should be pretty easy for a couple of old coots like us. The fastest I have
ever been on a bicycle, when I was much younger of course, was 57 mph. You?

Cheers,

Earle

Old May 23rd 08, 07:38 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Will Honea[_1_]

Earle Horton wrote:

> "Will Honea" > wrote in message
>> Earle Horton wrote:
>>
>>> Iron Horse bicycle classic, from Durango to Silverton over two more than
>>> ten thousand foot mountain passes. Spectator only. It's snowing right
>>> now...

>> The Silverton to Durango route sounds more like my speed. AIR, the other
>> direction is an almost constant climb of several thousand feet.
>>

> Ya, Silverton to Molas, then Lime Creek switchback to Coal Bank. That
> should be pretty easy for a couple of old coots like us. The fastest I
> have
> ever been on a bicycle, when I was much younger of course, was 57 mph.
> You?

First liar doesn't stand a chance! According to the chase car, a couple of
us hit just over 60 on a long downhill between Arecibo and San Juan, PR.
Like you I was a lot younger, dumber and presented one helluva lot less
frontal area than now.

Hadn't thought about that in years. That was back in the early 50's when
all you really worried about was a publico in a hurry or a loaded cane
truck that wasn't. Got my International drivers license at 13 and learned
the first rule about driving in latin countries: Never blow the horn if
someone looks they are about to step in front of you. The horn means you
see them and might miss - the squeal of brakes leaves them wondering.

--
Will Honea
Old May 23rd 08, 02:31 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Kate[_6_]

C'mon - you're welcome ANY time !

K.

"Spdloader" > wrote in message

"Kate" > wrote in message
.. .
> Are any of the rest of you going out this weekend?
> Usually hubs and I stick pretty close to home on Memorial weekend.
>
> Too many idiots out there on the highways.
>
> This year, we decided to get out for a few days with the Jeep club.
>
> We're going to Coon Creek. This weekend is our club run and on June 4th
> they're having a fun fun. We'll likely go to that one too.
> www.ccorv.com
> The 'park' is owned by the guy that runs Rough Country. It's only about an
> hour and a half from our place. Lots of good wheeling places out here.
>
> Have the camping gear all ready, have the Jeep in tip top shape and I am
> really looking forward to it.
> Now that daughter (and grandson) have moved out, we're free again FREE I
> tell you!
>
> When we went to Superlift in Hot Springs AR we had a blast. I hope this
> will
> be as much fun.
>
> --
> Kate
> ______
> /l ,[____],
> l-L -OlllllllO-
> ()_)-()_)--)_)
>
> The shortest distance between two points,
> is a lot more fun in a Jeep!

I'd like to be somewhere else this weekend too. As some know, I live at
Myrtle Beach now, and this weekend is Atlantic Beach Bike Week.

Not much fun.

Spdloader

Old May 23rd 08, 02:34 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Kate[_6_]

"ULB" > wrote

Heading up to the Sierra's for 10 days with my son. Fishing, crawdad
trapping, and lots of wheelin. I finally got off my rear and
installed my congo cage. I will put it to the test on the trek.
--

With all of the camping crap I have sitting out in the garage, I'm thinking
I may need to think of something like that.

I'm leaning more towards a small trailer though, so I can just dump it off
and be done with it.
Either that, or a trailer big enough for the Jeep, and use the F-two-fitty
to drag the whole mess around.
The more I think of it, the better I like the idea. That way if I break
something, I can still drag my Jeep home.

K.

Old May 23rd 08, 02:35 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Kate[_6_]

Texas sounds like a fun place to play.
I lived in Arizona for a year, had an old Chevy pick-em-up-truck that U
stomped around the desert in. It was a 2wd, but I still had a lot of fun.

K.