Tow strap reminder

Old May 27th 08, 02:01 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Stupendous Man

Default Tow strap reminder

> Best suggestion someone gave me was to hand them the strap and
> say, "hook this to what you want to come out."

The problem with that is that most people have no idea what is a strong
point, and i don't like getting hit with metal

Old May 28th 08, 07:44 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Kate[_6_]

ON THAT NOTE:

Where exactly WOULD be the best place to get a good quality hook without
paying a ransom for it?
My winch didn't have a hook on it, I bought one, yea, chinky China.. but it
holds the line for now, but if I had to use it it would really give me the
puckers.

I'd like one with a keeper on it.

It's a Warn M8000 on an 06 Rubi.
Yea yea yea.. I thought of Warn, but they kinda think their stuff is gold
plated if you know what I mean.

K.

Old May 28th 08, 07:45 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Kate[_6_]

"DougW" > wrote

--
DougW

--

Heh... I'm gonna remember that, especially if someone is handing ME the
hook!

K.

Old May 28th 08, 09:07 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Will Honea[_1_]

Kate wrote:

> ON THAT NOTE:
>
> Where exactly WOULD be the best place to get a good quality hook without
> paying a ransom for it?
> My winch didn't have a hook on it, I bought one, yea, chinky China.. but
> it holds the line for now, but if I had to use it it would really give me
> the puckers.
>
> I'd like one with a keeper on it.
>
> It's a Warn M8000 on an 06 Rubi.
> Yea yea yea.. I thought of Warn, but they kinda think their stuff is gold
> plated if you know what I mean.

Try a good Farm Implement store, oil field supply, or truck supply shop.
There is a reason you'll pay a bit more.

--
Will Honea
Old May 28th 08, 10:42 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
nrs

On May 28, 1:44*pm, "Kate" > wrote:
> ON THAT NOTE:
>
> Where exactly WOULD be the best place to get a good quality hook without
> paying a ransom for it?
> My winch didn't have a hook on it, I bought one, yea, chinky China.. but it
> holds the line for now, but if I had to use it it would really give me the
> puckers.
>
> I'd like one with a keeper on it.
>
> It's a Warn M8000 on an 06 Rubi.
> Yea yea yea.. I thought of Warn, but they kinda think their stuff is gold
> plated if you know what I mean.
>
> K.

These don't look too bad:

http://www.rockstomper.com/catalog/recovery/hooks.htm
Old May 28th 08, 11:44 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Stupendous Man

> Where exactly WOULD be the best place to get a good quality hook without
> paying a ransom for it?
> My winch didn't have a hook on it, I bought one, yea, chinky China.. but
> it

I prefer a swivel hook,
http://www.awdirect.com/columbus-mck...e-accessories/

Old May 29th 08, 09:48 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Kate[_6_]

I like the look of the Interlocking safety hook, thanks for the link

Old May 29th 08, 09:50 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Kate[_6_]

Ohhhh.. I like that one!
*blonde look* but does it like, come in other colors? I totally want one
that, like, matches my jeep you know....?

heh heh...
I think it looks like a winner.
Thanks!

K.

Old May 29th 08, 10:37 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Stupendous Man

>I like the look of the Interlocking safety hook, thanks for the link

That's just a thumb-pincher. The latches are something I remove.
Old May 30th 08, 01:21 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Kate[_6_]

Well thilly, you're not thuppothed to put your thumb in the damn thing!

K.

"Stupendous Man" > wrote in message
>I like the look of the Interlocking safety hook, thanks for the link

That's just a thumb-pincher. The latches are something I remove.

90 accord shoulder strap walt peifer Honda 2 January 24th 07 07:01 PM
Close call with a tow strap FrankW Jeep 5 February 9th 06 11:56 PM
shoulder strap retractor [email protected] Saturn 1 November 29th 05 06:25 PM
Check Strap Fatigue Richard Spare BMW 0 August 12th 05 10:50 PM
Muffler banging, but strap is OK Max Saturn 2 April 20th 05 02:02 AM