Jeep = gone.

Old May 27th 08, 05:47 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
XS11E[_3_]

Default Jeep = gone.

I've thought of parting with my '93 GC Limited for quite some time now,
I have no use for the 4WD as I'm no longer able to walk more than a few
feet and I'm afraid to go off road for fear of a breakdown, even a flat
is now beyond my ability to repair. I get around by mobility scooter
now and I kept the Jeep because I liked it and because it had a lift on
the back which made hauling my scooter easier but I wanted a van to
allow me to keep the scooter inside.

So, the Jeep is gone and I have a van.

I guess I'm gone as well, it's been fun, sort of, and very educational.

I credit this group with teaching me all about score files and kill
files, I never would have learned if not for a few very obnoxious
people here and, believe it or not, I'm grateful to them for forcing me
to learn.

So take care, I'll check in from time to time to see if things get any
better in the future.

The Usenet Improvement Project:
http://improve-usenet.org
Old May 27th 08, 02:58 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Kate[_6_]

Damn!
Sorry to hear it.

How did you end up in a scooter, and worst of all a van?

K.

. 236...

Old May 27th 08, 04:29 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
XS11E[_3_]

"Kate" > wrote:

> How did you end up in a scooter, and worst of all a van?

"Arthritic degeneration of the lumbar spine" is the official diagnosis,
it started very mildly in my early twenties, became painful in my
fifties and semi-crippling in my seventies. I guess that's why they
call arthritis a progressive disease? It's progressed steadily over
the years...

Old May 28th 08, 07:42 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Kate[_6_]

That's a damn shame.
I'd have never thought you to be old enough for that, *grin*, here EVERYONE
looks like a young pup.

I'm sad to think that you can't go play with your Jeep any more, but hey,
don't be a stranger.
Maybe you can live vicariously through some of the stories and lies that get
swapped around in here.

K.

"XS11E" > wrote in message
36...

Old May 28th 08, 07:48 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Socks

I feel for yea brother!
After 20 year of seeing Doctors 4 to 5 time a week for my bodily
ailments, it turns out that I may have
a very rare form of cancer which keeps me from doing anything. 2
cracked ribs (For no apparent reason) 9 blood clots in the left calf,
extreme swelling of my feet... And a whole alphabet of brutal pain
killers that don't do ****.
Just driving over a man hole cover at 15 MPH is enough to send me into
spasm/convulsion for 20 minutes at a time.
In the 20 hours that I am awake... 15 hours are spent in a wheel
chair.
So much for restoring another Austin Mini or modifying our Liberty...
It's driving me nuts!
I have an ARB front bumber,winch, and a choice of 12 pair of lights to
mount on out rig.
Oh well, I guess not...

If you folks don't hear from me in a while? It's probably because I'm
stuck in the ****ing hospital again.

Enjoy your Jeeps folks!

Ryan

Old May 28th 08, 11:32 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
XS11E[_3_]

"Kate" > wrote:

> I'd have never thought you to be old enough for that, *grin*, here
> EVERYONE looks like a young pup.

Thanks, I'm 72 but most people tell me I don't look much more than 71
1/2.....

> I'm sad to think that you can't go play with your Jeep any more,
> but hey, don't be a stranger.

I haven't played with my Jeep for years, I'm always afraid of a problem
that can't be fixed with roadside assistance and a cell phone. In the
summertime in Arizona, even a flat tire could be fatal if I couldn't
call someone so it's done duty as a scooter carrier only for years and
it deserves better, I think.

> Maybe you can live vicariously through some of the stories and
> lies that get swapped around in here.

Nobody here would say anything that wasn't so, would they? ;-)

Wanna see a neat gadget?

http://www.silverstarmobility.com/Pr...ackpacker.html

Mine should be installed on Wednesday next week!

Old May 29th 08, 02:08 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Nathan W. Collier[_4_]

god-speed sir.

--
Nathan In Montana
http://ConcealedCarryForum.com

. 236...

Old June 1st 08, 09:40 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Kate[_6_]

That is kind of a neat gadget. Especially if you're in need of such a beast.
It will likely make your life a lot easier.

by the way.. I got a good giggle on your age description... you only look 71
1/2 heh heh heh....

"XS11E" > wrote in message
. 236...