NASCAR 2003 or NASCAR Racing 4?

Old February 18th 06, 06:43 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Default NASCAR 2003 or NASCAR Racing 4?

I see posts on NASCAR 2003, but never see anything on 4. Which one is
everyone using and why? Which is the better on-line experience?

Rick

Old February 18th 06, 07:00 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

>"RickSweeney" > wrote
>I see posts on NASCAR 2003, but never see anything on 4. Which one is
>everyone using and why? Which is the better on-line experience?

Nascar Racing 2003 was the last sim by Papyrus. Nascar Racing 4 is two
releases (and a couple of years) before that. It's also probably the worst
sim by Papy, even if it wasn't that bad!

--
-- François Ménard <ymenard>
-- This announcement is brought to you by the Shimago-Dominguez

Old February 18th 06, 07:48 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

It has been a while, but I am getting back into sim racing. What are the
good add-ons for 2003?

Rick

. ..

Old February 18th 06, 07:59 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Not being hostile, but depending on what you like, there is not a bad one in
the bunch of add ons

Old February 18th 06, 08:03 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

My take is that Nascar 1 was great simply because we didnt have anything
else. Version 2 and 3 werent much more than patches with a few additional
features. Nascar 4 was the first decent Nascar Sim and 2002 and 2003 were
not much more than patches to N4 with very few additional features. A fully
massaged N4 engine to be sure.

So based on the above Id have to say N4 was the best Nascar Sim ever
released and NR2003 was more of a fully patched N4 or more as it should have
been upon its originally planned release back in the N3 era.

To the OP grab NR2003 if you can locate a copy. Id NEVER pay a sawbuck for
it though.

Mitch

. ..

Old February 18th 06, 08:12 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Sting32 wrote:
> Not being hostile, but depending on what you like, there is not a bad one in
> the bunch of add ons

I thought the best add-on was the uninstall option. <G>

GTL and rFactor are the only sims I have installed anymore. I don't
even have GPL (Blasphemy!!!) installed. Hell, I'm not even sure if I
could figure out how to install it in the proper format anymore with all
the patches, upgrades, carsets, tracks, etc. LOL

--
Scott B. Husted
http://www.Husted.cc
Old February 18th 06, 10:26 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

>"RickSweeney" > wrote
> It has been a while, but I am getting back into sim racing. What are the
> good add-ons for 2003?

Papyrus, before folding, "gave" us tools that kinda modified the game engine
to give us other type of physics (Trucks, BGN and some sort of Sports car
physics). Just check out the various sites, you won't find much bad mods.
Oh and hundreds of quality tracks.

Old February 18th 06, 10:27 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

"Mitch_A" > wrote
> My take is that Nascar 1 was great simply because we didnt have anything
> else. Version 2 and 3 werent much more than patches with a few additional
> features. Nascar 4 was the first decent Nascar Sim and 2002 and 2003 were
> not much more than patches to N4 with very few additional features. A
> fully massaged N4 engine to be sure.

N4 was a complete mess if you take it in context of the time of it's
release. N1 and N2 were both masterpiece of gaming at their respective
time. N4 had major flaws in the physics, felt fake, felt rushed. It wasn't
a typical polished Papy title we used to know, filled with quality and
quantity.

Old February 19th 06, 07:28 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

IMHO, NR2002 was the best "Feature" wise. NR2003 was de-contented
considerably, but the overall engine was better.

-Larry

. com...

Old February 19th 06, 07:42 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

"GTL and rFactor are the only sims I have installed anymore. I don't
even have GPL (Blasphemy!!!) installed."

Not blasphemy. I have GTR, GTL, and RBR. (I'm sure rFactor is nice,
but I like real cars/tracks.) I used to love GPL, but now I find
driving GPL artificial by comparison. And the response to setup
changes in GPL downright strange.