Tell your friends & relatives...

Old May 2nd 07, 03:17 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
ChrisCoaster

Default Tell your friends & relatives...

Old May 2nd 07, 03:33 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

On May 2, 10:17 am, ChrisCoaster > wrote:
> > Passing it on, tell your friends....

> > NO GAS...On May 15th 2007

> > Don't pump gas on MAY 15th

> > In April 1997, there was a "gas out" conducted nationwide in protest
> > of gas prices. Gasoline prices dropped 30 cents a gallon overnight.

> > On May 15th 2007, all internet users are to not go to a gas station in
> > protest of high gas prices. Gas is now over $3.00 a gallon in most places.

> > There are 73,000,000+ American members currently on the internet
> > network, and the average car takes about 30 to 50 dollars to fill up.

> > If all users did not go to the pump on the 15th, it would take
> > $2,292,000,000.00 (that's almost 3 BILLION) out of the oil companies pockets for just one day, so please do not go to the gas station on May 15th and lets try to put a dent in the Middle Eastern oil industry for at least one day.

> > If you agree (which I cant see why you wouldn't) resend this to all
> > your contact list. With it saying, ''Don't pump gas on May 15th"- Hide quoted text -

This stuff doesn't work. People will drive the same amount, and get
their gas the day before or after. Knock yourself out if it makes you
feel better, but they're getting paid regardless.

Old May 2nd 07, 04:13 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Harry K

On May 2, 7:17 am, ChrisCoaster > wrote:
> > Passing it on, tell your friends....

> > NO GAS...On May 15th 2007

> > Don't pump gas on MAY 15th

> > In April 1997, there was a "gas out" conducted nationwide in protest
> > of gas prices. Gasoline prices dropped 30 cents a gallon overnight.

> > On May 15th 2007, all internet users are to not go to a gas station in
> > protest of high gas prices. Gas is now over $3.00 a gallon in most places.

> > There are 73,000,000+ American members currently on the internet
> > network, and the average car takes about 30 to 50 dollars to fill up.

> > If all users did not go to the pump on the 15th, it would take
> > $2,292,000,000.00 (that's almost 3 BILLION) out of the oil companies pockets for just one day, so please do not go to the gas station on May 15th and lets try to put a dent in the Middle Eastern oil industry for at least one day.

> > If you agree (which I cant see why you wouldn't) resend this to all
> > your contact list. With it saying, ''Don't pump gas on May 15th"- Hide quoted text -

Does that thing have an automatic fish hook that sucks in suckers
every time the gas prices go up? It is floated every time by someone
who apparently can't think.

Any gas not bought on one day, will just be bought the next day. The
station owners would just laugh as it would give them a day off and
not cost them a dime.

Harry K

Old May 2nd 07, 04:38 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
necromancer

Ladies and Gentlemen (and I use those words loosely), in a sure sign
that the Apocalypse is upon us, someone calling themself ChrisCoaster
said this in rec.autos.driving:
> > Passing it on, tell your friends....

<< snip >>

> > If you agree (which I cant see why you wouldn't) resend this to all
> > your contact list. With it saying, ''Don't pump gas on May 15th"

Aw, man, are they starting *this* again??? Why don't youse people put
your money where your mouth is and agree to not *drive* on May 15th.
That means no driving to work, school, shopping or anywhere else on that
day. Thereby not consuming gas that would have to be bought either the
day before or the day after?

--
necromancer

Criminal Coddler. And Proud of it, Man!!
Old May 2nd 07, 04:42 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

On May 2, 11:38 am, necromancer
> wrote:
> Ladies and Gentlemen (and I use those words loosely), in a sure sign
> that the Apocalypse is upon us, someone calling themself ChrisCoaster
> said this in rec.autos.driving:
>
> > > Passing it on, tell your friends....

> << snip >>
>
> > > If you agree (which I cant see why you wouldn't) resend this to all
> > > your contact list. With it saying, ''Don't pump gas on May 15th"

> Aw, man, are they starting *this* again??? Why don't youse people put
> your money where your mouth is and agree to not *drive* on May 15th.
> That means no driving to work, school, shopping or anywhere else on that
> day. Thereby not consuming gas that would have to be bought either the
> day before or the day after?
>
> --
> necromancer
>
> Criminal Coddler. And Proud of it, Man!!

I know there is a basically ignored "ride your bike to work day". Is
there a national "Leave the car in the freakin' driveway" day? I'd go
with that if there were and I knew of it. Bus if it's rainy, bike if
it's nice. Admittedly it would be an extraordinarily miniscule blow
to the giant that is Big Oil, but it would be somewhat novel and fun.
At least it would have some bit of point, as opposed to just altering
the day one buys gas.

Old May 4th 07, 03:16 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Fred G. Mackey

ChrisCoaster wrote:
>> Passing it on, tell your friends....
>>
>>NO GAS...On May 15th 2007
>>
>>Don't pump gas on MAY 15th

Are you suggesting I disable the fuel pump in my car?

But I gotta go to work on May 15th. There is no public transportation
that will take me there - at least not any public transportation funded
by taxpayers.

I could take a cab, but that would mean MORE fuel would be consumed
since I'm sure the cabby would want to drive back to where he is
licensed and authorized to pick up fares.

How young or stupid do you have to be to believe this ****?

Good idea! Let's all fill up on May 14th. That'll show those *******s!

> Gas is now over $3.00 a gallon in most places.

Yep - I hear it's over $5 a gallon in Europe and other parts of the world.

>>There are 73,000,000+ American members currently on the internet
>>network,

Isn't saying "internet network" sort of like saying "Rio Grande River"?
- a bit redundant, IOW.

> and the average car takes about 30 to 50 dollars to fill up.

I guess. Maybe it would be better if I spent that $30-50 on May 16th!

Hey - whatever it takes, right?

I-70 video from Colorado (Two Friends) Carl Rogers Driving 0 November 17th 06 08:14 PM
Bring on the Relatives DTJ Driving 2 January 4th 06 04:16 AM
Hey Shag -- Found a video of your relatives Neil VW air cooled 2 August 19th 05 12:23 AM
Herbie and Friends Sightings??? Wild Bill VW air cooled 17 May 31st 05 04:28 AM
Friends CRV [email protected] Honda 2 April 19th 05 04:01 PM