Rear amped speakers

Old October 13th 04, 04:55 AM
vitonxl

Default Rear amped speakers

This is what I did. I ran a 4 channel amp. Two 12 inch Audiobahn sub
and theno 5 1/4 mb quartz in front. I don't rely on the back anymore
because they suck and it sounded so much better in my friends that
way. He has a '96 and he's a pro. installer. It sounds better
because your running the 1' and 5 1/4 for the highs and the subs for
the lows. I still have the backs hooked up, but you can only hear
them in the back seats. I didn't change the head unit, because I have
a '01 and can't find a kit for it. I just got a rca converter and ran
it to the amp in the trunk. My friend with the '96 is using a $700
Clarion HU and a Clarion equalizer, in front MB's, and 2 x 12' JBL
Pro's.
audiworld.com helped also

On Sun, 29 Jun 2003 09:41:19 +0100, "Paul" >
wrote:

>I had the same problem. There a two types of Autoleads connector /
>converter - one has the rear speaker inputs from the RCA preouts as you have
>now, the other routes the amplified outputs from the head unit to the rear
>speakers (where they are amplified again by the speaker amps). I tried both
>and the second one worked best in my 98 A6 non bose. It does seem odd using
>the amped outputs but it works. Autoleads tech. support also say it is OK.

.. .

Old October 17th 04, 08:38 PM
JP Roberts

The problem with a stock Bose fit (don't know about the lesser models) is
that the rear speakers are 2 ohm, as opposed to aftermarket speakers being 4
ohm. This is why you can barely hear those 4 ohm impedance units at the
back.

<vitonxl> escribió en el mensaje
> This is what I did. I ran a 4 channel amp. Two 12 inch Audiobahn sub
> and theno 5 1/4 mb quartz in front. I don't rely on the back anymore
> because they suck and it sounded so much better in my friends that
> way. He has a '96 and he's a pro. installer. It sounds better
> because your running the 1' and 5 1/4 for the highs and the subs for
> the lows. I still have the backs hooked up, but you can only hear
> them in the back seats. I didn't change the head unit, because I have
> a '01 and can't find a kit for it. I just got a rca converter and ran
> it to the amp in the trunk. My friend with the '96 is using a $700
> Clarion HU and a Clarion equalizer, in front MB's, and 2 x 12' JBL
> Pro's.
> audiworld.com helped also
>

> On Sun, 29 Jun 2003 09:41:19 +0100, "Paul" >
> wrote:
>
> >I had the same problem. There a two types of Autoleads connector /
> >converter - one has the rear speaker inputs from the RCA preouts as you

have
> >now, the other routes the amplified outputs from the head unit to the

rear
> >speakers (where they are amplified again by the speaker amps). I tried

both
> >and the second one worked best in my 98 A6 non bose. It does seem odd

using
> >the amped outputs but it works. Autoleads tech. support also say it is

OK.

> >"James P" > wrote in message
> .. .
> >> Hi!
> >>
> >> I've just installed an aftermarket stereo in my 98 A4. The rear
> >> speakers are VERY quiet compared to the front speakers, which means
> >> they are pretty useless unless I fade right back and increase the
> >> volume.
> >>
> >> The rear speakers are of course being fed by RCA preouts on my head
> >> unit, and the front are connected as normal via the iso block.
> >>
> >> I *am* supplying 12v to the rear amps - if I disconnect the 12v then I
> >> get no rear output at all.
> >>
> >> Anyone seen this? Is there some sort of control on the back speakers
> >> where I can turn them up?
> >>
> >> Cheers!
> >> James

156 Rear Light Problem Admin Alfa Romeo 8 September 24th 04 03:44 PM
alfa spider rear bumper dvc Alfa Romeo 0 September 23rd 04 07:20 PM
Rear bumper dvc Alfa Romeo 0 September 9th 04 02:22 AM
UK audi A6 1.9TDI Rear Caliper Repair Kits Buster Keaton Audi 2 August 1st 04 10:39 AM
Speakers in Audi 80 Robert Newton Audi 3 July 1st 04 11:12 PM